oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I see it as the players he want to say yes or no before monday are players he has worked with before .. So it would be pretty easy for them to say yes or no to a reunion with NW .. 

It's also a good strategy, cause the 2nd choice, which might be as good as the 1st choice, will know, that we aint dicking around ... 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

The guys been in management for god knows how long. He knows how the system works and I doubt he is going to be setting 1 week deadlines to people who might have to uproot in the current circumstances. Lazy journalism.

I dug into a couple of Cardiff stories apparently he personally keeps a ledger full of agents numbers and players numbers what I'd guess is going on here is he's talking free agents who he's pitched to and the rumour on Kieffer Moore is he's got 4 offers from Championship clubs who met his release clause and it's all up to him to decide I don't think he's necessarily pressuring the players because he must be confident in these 4 names having some interest in joining him otherwise he wouldn't have left them as priorities after he shook Gibson's hand. 

I'd say this on the 3rd/4th choice arguments, I think there's a big difference between who would be your second choice target in 2 weeks time than who your second choice would be in 2 months time because we have sat waiting before and watched as other options move then what is our '2nd choice' is probably more like our 10th choice.

• Like 1
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

On his interview with BBC Tees, he has said the 4 players that we are targeting are at bigger clubs/wealthier clubs so it could be harder. So doubt it’s going to be league 1 players.

So not out of contract players then?

8 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Dan, thanks for the link. He says the right things. Stating he wants to add leaders and talkers for the young lads. Hope thats true and he can shift the more senior lads.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

On his interview with BBC Tees, he has said the 4 players that we are targeting are at bigger clubs/wealthier clubs so it could be harder. So doubt it’s going to be league 1 players.

Did he say they were at bigger clubs, or might also be wanted by bigger clubs? Genuine question, I've already forgotten his exact wording.

Just now, Brunners said:

Did he say they were at bigger clubs, or might also be wanted by bigger clubs? Genuine question, I've already forgotten his exact wording.

I think it was the latter. 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So not out of contract players then?

Could still be. It could be someone from a PL club who's been on big money but has been, in tabloid parlance 'offered a lifeline' here. Someone like (just as an example) Joe Hart, who will have been on big money, but would have to take an almighty pay cut to come to a club like ours.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Could still be. It could be someone from a PL club who's been on big money but has been, in tabloid parlance 'offered a lifeline' here. Someone like (just as an example) Joe Hart, who will have been on big money, but would have to take an almighty pay cut to come to a club like ours.

It was just the are at bigger clubs bit as opposed to were at bigger clubs but Lurker seems to be saying it wasn't that anyway. Rather it was that they might be wanted by bigger/wealthier clubs.

He actually says that he will start to put pressure on some agents/players from next Monday to get some answers then leave them alone. Completely not how it's been interpreted by some on here. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

He actually says that he will start to put pressure on some agents/players from next Monday to get some answers then leave them alone. Completely not how it's been interpreted by some on here. 

Well that makes more sense.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)