oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Did he say they were at bigger clubs, or might also be wanted by bigger clubs? Genuine question, I've already forgotten his exact wording.

Ah you could well be correct. I might have misheard. I’d have to listen to it again.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I don’t see why the Monday deadline is that bad. They either want to join or not. If not, we need to move on to the next target so we don’t miss out on others. 

He’s probably starting from his previous players which is probably ideal seen as he’s worked with them before hand and knows how they would fit into their tactics. 

I am much more positive than this time last year. Warnock knows the players he wants and how they will fit into the system. But with Woodgate, I get the impression he wasn’t trusted with money or we “just missed out” on targets so then had to get anyone who would do. Even more embarrassing, the people he hand selected all went out on loan 😩. So how did they fit into his tactics? Again, evidence points to Woodgate being tactically limited.

This is a direct contrast to recruiting players to fit a formation and system, rather than a players adapting to a formation they’re not suited for. 

• Like 2

Barnsley fans seemed to think we had a deal sorted for Woodrow, hope it’s true as he really looks like he offers something different to what we have now. I read their opinions of him and they talk about him dropping deeper and needing a partner up front. Sounds like he’d fit in a front 2 with Britt from that and warnock saying we need a ‘different kind’ of striker.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Apparently warnock has told 5livesport that his first 4 targets have till Monday to decide, if not we move on

Little late to the party there Maz 😛

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Barnsley fans seemed to think we had a deal sorted for Woodrow, hope it’s true as he really looks like he offers something different to what we have now. I read their opinions of him and they talk about him dropping deeper and needing a partner up front. Sounds like he’d fit in a front 2 with Britt from that and warnock saying we need a ‘different kind’ of striker.

When Warnock said that, I always presumed he meant a target man, someone more physical. 
What type of player is Woodrow? Haven’t seen much of him.

Listened to Warnock today. He said we have good young players at full back and out wide but we need to add a spine of experienced players. That’s sounds like he wants to keep Tav, Spence and Coulson. Not too sure about keeping Fry though?

1 hour ago, BoroSmoggie said:

When Warnock said that, I always presumed he meant a target man, someone more physical. 
What type of player is Woodrow? Haven’t seen much of him.

Kind of reminds me of Ricky lambert, scores some screamers and some close rangers. Doesn’t seem like a poacher type.

We have paid the price for our previous transfer dealings (if you call them that) an I agree with Tom in the fact I am not too concerned who goes and who leaves and who is brought in.

The reason is that we all know that MFC will improve and how good a feeling that will be instead of what we have gone through.

Warnock is a straight to the point guy and if he wants to give a set time frame for his targets then so be it.

Question: Are we officially in the transfer period yet, can we do immediate business

Leeds United are rumoured to be plotting a move for Girona's veteran striker Cristhian Stuani. The veteran Uruguay international has scored 69 goals in 103 games for the Spanish side. (90min) 😞 

• Sad 5
20 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Leeds United are rumoured to be plotting a move for Girona's veteran striker Cristhian Stuani. The veteran Uruguay international has scored 69 goals in 103 games for the Spanish side. (90min) 😞 

That worse than walking down the street and seeing your ex with a new bloke 😔

• Like 2

BBC Sport

@BBCSport

2m

Birmingham City are set to name ex-Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka as Pep Clotet's replacement. 😞

• Sad 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)