oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker inΒ Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then πŸ˜‚).

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Can't win, can we?

"Why can't we find the next Jamie Vardy!"

and

"Great we're even further down that League 1"

Are comments in the same thread... πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I’m just not excited about a League 2 player. Fair enough if he was 20 and still had years to improve but at 24 I reckon you are pushing it if League 2 is the highest level you’ve performed. I want the team to get stronger. Not worse or status quo. Better. And a league 2 player isn’t better imo. Certainly not at 750k which I think can be found better on the continent. Maybe a dash more but 1 mil pounds is still a decent value in many leagues. I can even mention one free transfer who’d be a lot safer bet. Jores Okore is looking to move abroad again. Didn’t have a good time after his big injury years ago at Villa but has had a very good season this year. Still only turns 28 this august. Big, strong and fast.Β 

45 minutes ago, 2plus2 said:

Judging by rumours / voids / Warnock of recent seasons / freebies lingering atm..

Hart on a free. Pears released. Fox in. Goode in. Friend & Johnson extensions. Gibson in. Fry out. Moore in [if unsuccessul, Dykes].

SQUAD
GK: Hart, Stojanovic, Mejias.
CB: Goode, Gibson, Fox, Friend.
RB: Dijksteel, Spence.
LB: Coulson, Bola, Johnson.
MF: Howson, McNair, Saville, Wing, Tavernier, Browne.
ST: Assombalonga, Fletcher, Moore, Walker.

433s or 352s (width either from fullbacks or Tav/Fletcher positionally interchangeable as widemen)

Β  Β  Β Β  Β Β Β  FletcherΒ  Assombalonga
Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Tavernier
Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  SavilleΒ  HowsonΒ  McNair
Β Β  Β Β  BolaΒ  Β Β Β  Gibson Β  Goode Β  Β  Dijk
Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Hart

Β  Β  Β Β  Β Β Β  FletcherΒ  Assombalonga
Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Tavernier
CoulsonΒ  HowsonΒ  McNairΒ  Spence
Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  FoxΒ  GibsonΒ  Goode
Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Hart

Not a chance pears will be released.Β 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

He also informed me that Bola wants to move closer to London and doesn't mind if he has to drop a division because he can't settle on Teesside.

Bloody hell, he's hardly spent any time here.Β  He was back out loan about half an hour after signing for us.

Also wouldn't he have been living in Blackpool when we signed him?Β  It'd be easier to just say he wants out because he's been absolute rubbish for us and he doesn't see the point in sticking around.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

he's a beast mate wow get him signed up

If we are going to let him take our penalties or just going to cross it into the box for him to get his head on he looks ideal. I think I would be disappointed, but youtube vids are limited in what you see. I think I would prefer Moore and Danny Ward. They seem to work across the line and are more of a nuisance.

43 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I’m just not excited about a League 2 player. Fair enough if he was 20 and still had years to improve but at 24 I reckon you are pushing it if League 2 is the highest level you’ve performed. I want the team to get stronger. Not worse or status quo. Better. And a league 2 player isn’t better imo. Certainly not at 750k which I think can be found better on the continent. Maybe a dash more but 1 mil pounds is still a decent value in many leagues. I can even mention one free transfer who’d be a lot safer bet. Jores Okore is looking to move abroad again. Didn’t have a good time after his big injury years ago at Villa but has had a very good season this year. Still only turns 28 this august. Big, strong and fast.Β 

Jamie Vardy was 25 when he signed for Leicester... Many Leicester fans had the same sentiment as you. And he failed to live up to even low expectations early on there.

I have little knowledge of this lad, but he has the raw attributes we need, and knows the physicality of the English game. Jores Okore on the other hand always looked bullied in England. He might seem strong in Denmark, but he was bullied by attackers constantly in England and looked lost. I live in the Midlands. He's a laughing stock here.

Edited by Snowblind
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)