oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, macapes said:

From a Telegraph writer.

Good start to business, if true. Solid Championship centre back with leadership qualities. If we are able to get Gibson in alongside him I think we would be nearly there defensively.

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Here’s a few wingers that, if we are insisting on buying domestically, I’d like to see us look at and who should be within our transfer budget:

Jacob Brown (Barnsley)

Curtin Ronan (Portsmouth)

Marcus Maddison (Free)

Any other suggestions?

Curtain Ronan? I hope he pulls himself together 😂😂😂

I presume you mean Ronan Curtis?

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Curtain Ronan? I hope he pulls himself together 😂😂😂

I presume you mean Ronan Curtis?

Haha yes that’s the one 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just asked my QPR supporting mate

”What’s Grant Hall like? Is he any good?”

his reply 

“good luck. He’s injured all the time. He wanted more than 12k a week and QPR said no way” Apparently he was out for 18 months and returned and was never the same. 

3rd worst for goals conceded in the league for QPR when he was captain...

1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

Just asked my QPR supporting mate

”What’s Grant Hall like? Is he any good?”

his reply 

“good luck. He’s injured all the time. He wanted more than 12k a week and QPR said no way” Apparently he was out for 18 months and returned and was never the same. 

3rd worst for goals conceded in the league for QPR when he was captain...

I wouldn't say he's injured "all the time". He played 30 games this season. Don't think he played any after the restart.

He did miss most of the past two seasons though, only 12 in 18/19 and 4 in 17/18.

34 & 39 the two seasons before that.

He's managed 46 league games across the last 3 seasons, though 30 of those were last season. Who knows if he's actually crocked, can't see anything about his injuries beyond a knee injury he had a couple of years ago, which he had surgery for.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He's managed 46 league games across the last 3 seasons, though 30 of those were last season. Who knows if he's actually crocked, can't see anything about his injuries beyond a knee injury he had a couple of years ago, which he had surgery for.

Yeah it doesn't necessarily look like he's an ayala with regular times out a season, just he had one major injury that derailed him for a while.

Now, as to the point as to whether he's any good anymore, guess we'll find out, but if anyone is going to make a defender shine again it's NW surely.

Happy with the Hall signing if it comes off, as Brunners points out, a CB going missing through injury isn't a new thing for us so if we can get another in and have Hall/Fry/another and maybe use Howson or McNair to fill in when needed that's not too bad.

The Martin signing might be a bit like signing Nuggent, who I thought was really good for us, not the greatest striker but will certainly get goals when needed.

Chris Martin on a free might be a good Warnock signing too, I feel. Always liked him and was surprised he never eventually went on to bigger things but he's had a funny few years. Improves the squad without improving the team, for what that's worth. But if you get the best out of Britt and/or Fletch, we don't need him to be a world-beater.

Tell you what let's say we're paying him 15k a week, if he wasn't out of contract at QPR how much do you think he'd cost us normally? 5-6 million? 

Absolute coup for Warnock as far as I'm concerned.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)