oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

The club is delighted to confirm Grant Hall as our first signing of the summer...

The 28-year-old joins the Boro after spending five years at Queens Park Rangers, where he clocked up 128 appearances and was club captain up until his contract expiring in June.

The club beat off interest from a host of clubs to capture the out of contract player on a three-year deal.

Grant becomes new manager Neil Warnock’s first signing and he was delighted to be able to complete the move.

“I’ve known Grant for a few years now,” said the Boro boss.

“Everyone knows I’m looking at the spine of the team, and he’s the right fit for what we need.

“Grant is a smashing lad and I’m sure the fans will really take to him.”

An experienced central defender, Grant started his professional career at Brighton before joining Tottenham in the summer of 2012. From there he had loan spells with Swindon, Birmingham, making his debut for the Blues at the Riverside on the opening day of the 2014/15 season, and Blackpool.

Grant joined QPR in the summer of 2015 and was a key member of the squad, making 30 appearances last season.

The defender will meet his new Boro team-mates for the first time next month when pre-season training gets underway at Rockliffe.

27 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Are you referring to that website that has all pro football  players wages listed? I would take that information with a pinch of salt CT. 

Nah, something else mate.  Doesn't mean that's accurate mind, which is why I gave a range.  I'd be surprised if he was less than what I said though, a Championship player, 28 years old and Captain of his side?

I think it's a great signing to me he was a standout free agent in the league is actually decent on the ball so might bring the kind of diagonal balls that Ayala brought to us. His missus is a tabloid celebrity most high profile WAG since Braithwaite's missus.

There's something about Warnock that Pulis didn't have in convincing players to pick us over others no doubt we offered a nice financial package but Warnock's off to a great start long may it continue.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)