oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

32 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Will be interesting to see if there is a 2 week lull in signings due to players all having jetted off. As most seem to be in areas that now need to stay at home on return, could have an impact on things.

Championship squads next season are going to be very interesting. 

Transfermark has Rhodes out of contract. I'm probably alone but I do really like him. If he is left to roam the 18 yard box he is really effective.

Would definetly take Rhodes as our third striker, never given a fair chance last time 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Z3man said:

Did Grant hall play in any of QPR's nine games since the season restarted after lock down.

Just trying to gauge where he might be in terms of match fitness.

No he didn't play a single minute. He refused to play.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Was happy with Jordon Jones in January when we were desperate but if hes the best we can do attacker wise this summer then...

I think (hope!) this is just paper talk. If Warnock now in full control of transfers, no idea why he’d go back to someone the previous regime wanted and who he has no affinity with. We’ll see 

Jones hasn't even made an extended bench for Rangers today, so it definitely looks like he's off somewhere.

I'd hope we'd be targeting better, but at least he'd have no issues getting settled in to the area given he's from here and still around here frequently.

Jordon Jones is not what we need and if he was not an ex academy graduate i doubt we would even be having this discussion.

Andy Halliday has made more of an impression in Scotland than Jones has. And I doubt anyone would consider taken him back.

Jones would barely have got in our team last season when we were staring relegation in face.

Football is all about levels. Jones level seems mid table Scotland / league 2. On a very good day bottom end championship.

Our worst season in last 30yrs had us at a level where I feel jones maximum potential lies.

Lets look upwards please.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Jordon Jones is not what we need and if he was not an ex academy graduate i doubt we would even be having this discussion.

Andy Halliday has made more of an impression in Scotland than Jones has. And I doubt anyone would consider taken him back.

Jones would barely have got in our team last season when we were staring relegation in face.

Football is all about levels. Jones level seems mid table Scotland / league 2. On a very good day bottom end championship.

Our worst season in last 30yrs had us at a level where I feel jones maximum potential lies.

Lets look upwards please.

Actually Jones did very well at kilmarnock and had options before his free transfer and choose rangers. 

He looked good in his first few games but after his sending off and injury vs celtic, he had failed to get the confidence I him self or from his manager. 

He is easily Championship standard 

3 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Gary Gill still stinking the place out it would appear.

Hey you can cut that attitude out, Gary Gill was born in the Boro and regardless of his lack of talent or any meaningful contribution, under the Teesside accent and born in the Boro clause at the club, he is entitled to a job for life

• Haha 6
10 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Actually Jones did very well at kilmarnock and had options before his free transfer and choose rangers. 

He looked good in his first few games but after his sending off and injury vs celtic, he had failed to get the confidence I him self or from his manager. 

He is easily Championship standard 

How can he be easily be championship standard based on only doing anything for a mid table scottish team?

On your basis Andy Halliday would be championship standard right? He who failed at championship and ended up at Blackpool and Bradford before going to Rangers.

But we can keep this simple. Is he good enough to get in to our team given NW has said on many occasions we aiming for play offs next season. Or to use his words "other end of the table". 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)