oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

12 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Gary Gill still stinking the place out it would appear.

I dont think Gary Gill will have finally say on transfers. Think it will be NW. So lets lay off Gill for 1 year. Haha.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I'd love to off been a fly on the wall for Warnock's meeting with Steve Gibson and the recruitment team. 

"Steve i didn't know we were MidfieldBrough fc? Gary have you got a fetish for certain types of midfielders? The ones who all do the same job? Christ you gotta die for the right players just like you gotta die for three points! 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, edinboro said:

Will be interesting to see if there is a 2 week lull in signings due to players all having jetted off. As most seem to be in areas that now need to stay at home on return, could have an impact on things.

Championship squads next season are going to be very interesting. 

Transfermark has Rhodes out of contract. I'm probably alone but I do really like him. If he is left to roam the 18 yard box he is really effective.

I feel with Warnock's man management skills I think he would play to Rhodes strengths, I always liked Rhodes, but when you  come to a club where the manager clearly doesn't want you your on a hiding to nothing from the start.  

• Like 2

I'm not against us looking to Scotland for value and Warnock didn't do too bad in Scotland for Cardiff he got Patterson for something like 350k on a scout ringing him up saying you'll love this guy!

Lyndon Dykes, Shankland, Cosgrove would all be solid striker signings for us (really hope we have ditched Kamberi from our minds) there is some real gems up there. Jordan Jones being linked could be lazy journalism but it could be Warnock loving a maverick and seeing one available at a low cost? 

Would pay to listen in on that phonecall between Warnock and Gerrard though after the windows comment a couple of years ago.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

I'm not against us looking to Scotland for value and Warnock didn't do too bad in Scotland for Cardiff he got Patterson for something like 350k on a scout ringing him up saying you'll love this guy!

Lyndon Dykes, Shankland, Cosgrove would all be solid striker signings for us (really hope we have ditched Kamberi from our minds) there is some real gems up there. Jordan Jones being linked could be lazy journalism but it could be Warnock loving a maverick and seeing one available at a low cost? 

Would pay to listen in on that phonecall between Warnock and Gerrard though after the windows comment a couple of years ago.

I think Shankland is worth a punt me, that sort of goal record speaks for itself albeit at a lower level than the championship but can't see him costing that much upfront. Don't think he's that type of hold up target man we're after atm though that's more Cosgrove. Cosgrove just seems to me like a poor man's Jordan Hugill though

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I think Shankland is worth a punt me, that sort of goal record speaks for itself albeit at a lower level than the championship but can't see him costing that much upfront. Don't think he's that type of hold up target man we're after atm though that's more Cosgrove. Cosgrove just seems to me like a poor man's Jordan Hugill though

Shankland's a tidy little worker he could be the man off a striker but if we're only targeting one I agree it looks like we're after a big man. Dykes is the one for me unless Rangers get him I think Barnsley just had a 1 million pound bid rejected, he's 6 foot 2 with a real bit of pace about him and a good touch.

Cosgrove is the battering ram of the 3 but with his price set at just under 2 million wonder if that's too much although last summer I remember they wanted over 3 million. We love a long term target so I have a sneaking suspicion we'll end this window with 1-2 familiar names from windows past.

29 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Shankland's a tidy little worker he could be the man off a striker but if we're only targeting one I agree it looks like we're after a big man. Dykes is the one for me unless Rangers get him I think Barnsley just had a 1 million pound bid rejected, he's 6 foot 2 with a real bit of pace about him and a good touch.

Cosgrove is the battering ram of the 3 but with his price set at just under 2 million wonder if that's too much although last summer I remember they wanted over 3 million. We love a long term target so I have a sneaking suspicion we'll end this window with 1-2 familiar names from windows past.

I think Cosgrove is crocked for two months, if so it makes it easy to steer clear of him. No more projects or gambles please Boro.

If we are going to be looking in Scotland we could really do with Tav having a word with his brother he always seems really competent  at that right back position

• Like 6

Burnley still after Fry, could be a swap for Gibson. 
Expect Gibson to be back, if not a swap for Fry then loan deal and willing to take a big pay cut.

Moore deal definitely dead, wanted far too much.

• Like 5
Just now, Lurker said:

Expect Gibson to be back, if not a swap for Fry then loan deal and willing to take a big pay cut.

Any truth in Josh Windass and Jordon Jones, surely we can do better?

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Presumably not a straight swap?

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

40k a week I heard Moore wanted, is that same figure you heard? 

Wolves also interested in Fry

• Like 1

I remember being linked to cosgrove and Shankland last summer. From what I remember cosgrove looked pretty poor but Shankland looked quite good, far better technical ability. I’d still prefer Woodrow though.

Really hope the Jordan Jones thing is rubbish, like Adam reach if he wasn’t an ex player and local then they wouldn’t even get mentioned. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)