oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Any truth in Josh Windass and Jordon Jones, surely we can do better?

can we do better? we have limited money to spend and need to sign at least 6 players this window. a proven championship winger will usually cost a minimum of 5-6 million and i think thats being conservative. we simply dont do have the funds go throw cash around. This window is all about bargain buys. 

Also as i mentioned in a previous post, Windass has 7 goals in previous 24 games at this level. over a full season that would make him top scorer at this club haha.  Hes also available on a free and is highly sort after by gary monk which means there is clearly something about him. Defo not a bad signing IMO and seems like quite a coup if we get him. 

Jordan Jones is a bit more risky but as he hasnt done it the championship, but he excelled at Kilmarnock and theres hope he could at least be a squad player. Again a few pluses to signing him, hes a local lad so will probs give his all for the shirt and committed player is always a bonus. Secondly, he's out of favour at ibrox and is free to leave so the fee will likely be cheap which lowers the risk. 

finally point, over the last 3 seasons weve thrown large sums at players who have turned out to be bang average or down right terrible (no need to mention names we know who they are). so i for one am quite happy that were perusing these types of targets and generally bargain hunting, and if anyone knows a bargain its Warnock. 

4 minutes ago, tmcc said:

can we do better? we have limited money to spend and need to sign at least 6 players this window. a proven championship winger will usually cost a minimum of 5-6 million and i think thats being conservative. we simply dont do have the funds go throw cash around. This window is all about bargain buys. 

Also as i mentioned in a previous post, Windass has 7 goals in previous 24 games at this level. over a full season that would make him top scorer at this club haha.  Hes also available on a free and is highly sort after by gary monk which means there is clearly something about him. Defo not a bad signing IMO and seems like quite a coup if we get him. 

Jordan Jones is a bit more risky but as he hasnt done it the championship, but he excelled at Kilmarnock and theres hope he could at least be a squad player. Again a few pluses to signing him, hes a local lad so will probs give his all for the shirt and committed player is always a bonus. Secondly, he's out of favour at ibrox and is free to leave so the fee will likely be cheap which lowers the risk. 

finally point, over the last 3 seasons weve thrown large sums at players who have turned out to be bang average or down right terrible (no need to mention names we know who they are). so i for one am quite happy that were perusing these types of targets and generally bargain hunting, and if anyone knows a bargain its Warnock. 

All the Wigan fans say Windass has a bad attitude and you're saying we should get him because Garry Monk wants him, worked out well for us that strategy 

Marvin Johnson has a better record than Jordan Jones in Scotland rather just extend his contract if that's our level now 

9 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

All the Wigan fans say Windass has a bad attitude and you're saying we should get him because Garry Monk wants him, worked out well for us that strategy 

Marvin Johnson has a better record than Jordan Jones in Scotland rather just extend his contract if that's our level now 

Some people have really bizarre criteria for signings. Notice he also thinks the ‘pluses’ to signing Jordan Jones are that he’s local and Rangers don’t think he’s good enough.

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

you missed out the key point of the number of goals hes scored and hes a free transfer. Also Warnock is renowned for his man management skills so i dont think a bad attitude is an issue.  Also i dont get your point with Monk as i dont think any of his signings were that bad:
Fletcher (showcased his talent this season),
Assombalonga (Clubs all time top scorer now) 
Braithwaite (went on to barncelona and is now tipped for a move to the prem)
 Howson (been one the few bit of quality of last few season)
Randoloph (easily championships best keeper when had him),
Shotton (solid defender),
Christe (played well and got a move to a bigger club)

he clearly knows good players just loves over paying for them, and id say that more of middlesbrough problem than monk problem. 

where are the getting the idea that Johnson did better than jones? there goals to game record in scotland is about the same if not better in favour of jones, also Jones form earned him a move to Rangers while Johnson moved to oxford...i think that says it all. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Surely bournmouth will want him in champo

Hes out of contract I think?

Sounds like a typical Warnock signing. Hoilett mk 2.  Could be a good pickup if Warnock can get a tune out of him. 

• Like 1
Just now, Dan1234 said:

Sounds like a typical Warnock signing. Hoilett mk 2.  Could be a good pickup if Warnock can get a tune out of him. 

Yeah his contract has run out. i wouldn't mind seeing him here next season

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Would take him like, completely different to what we have now

4 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Some people have really bizarre criteria for signings. Notice he also thinks the ‘pluses’ to signing Jordan Jones are that he’s local and Rangers don’t think he’s good enough.

Being a local lad is clearly, a plus as i mentioned i believe it will naturally make him more likely to put more effort in, please explain how this isnt a valid point? Also rangers are a champions league side, not being good enough for rangers dosent mean hes not got enough to play for a boro side who avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth. 

also iv never once said that these are world class players who are gonna shoot us to the prem, im just sick of you moaners complaining about every we player we looks, are stating "cant we do better?".  The reality is clear, were currently a low end championship side who barely survived relegation are who are also financially hard up, the days of throwing around 20-30 mil a window are over. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)