oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

56 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

He's not going to have a decent year though, he has never scored more than 15 league goals in the Championship.  He's only managed more than 15 once, in League One.  He'll never be good enough for a team hopeful of promotion.  In my opinion. If he brought anything else to the team apart from goals it would be a different matter, but he rarely does.

Without scrolling back through the thread I'm assuming you're talking Britt. If you are I can't really argue with your assessment to be honest. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

If anyone hasn't watched Warnocks interview with the written press its great

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/watch-neil-warnocks-insights-to-the-media

He speaks alot about the following

recruitment department and how  the process is working .

He says we are looking in France and Spain  for players that fit his criteria via agents he has used.

He also said that we are going after our first choice targets and giving them 24 hours to decide.

Another thing was we have 3 or 4 Premier league  players on our loan list. One won't let us know until after 25th of August which he was like to long. 

Some players from League one and two are on the list

Wants 4/5 good signings 

Spent all day yesterday with the recruitment team going through the list and narrowing it down 

Keeps calling Bausor & Gibson to crack on. 

Said the scouting department recommend two centre backs with the best defensive stats 1v1 duels in Europe but after watching the footage he said there not good enough. 

He said we have a lot of full time members in the recruitment team which is a good thing and something new to him. They are just striking a balance of what he wants and what they recommend 

I tried to summerise what he said for those that can't view but there is alot more :)

Side not the questions the gazette ask were pathetic. Talking about Woodgate and Leo. Nothing on recruitment or plans behind the scenes. 

Edited by Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die
  • Like 3

Worth saying that in what was overall probably Britt's worst season as a Boro player last year, Warnock got him playing some of the best all-round stuff we've seen from him in 3 years in those final 8 games, and he managed 5 goals in that time as well.

• Like 4

Right it’s about time I came back Let’s sort this boring conversation out  😅

GK - Brad Young - Prem sides interested including Chelsea

GK - Dillon Phillips - Cardiff, Derby and Huddersfield interested

GK -  Neil Etheridge - Blackburn interested

GK - Alex Bass - Palace also interested

RB - Lee Peltier

LB - Tyler Blackett

CAM - Luke Freeman (loan) -  Forrest also interested

LM - Jacques Maghoma - Blackburn interested

ST - Josh Windass - Sheffield Wednesday Interested

Other News :

Marvin Johnson 2 Year extension 

George Friend 1 Year extension

Outgoings :

Paddy McNair - Stoke and Celtic

George Saville - Stoke

Britt Assombalonga 

Lewis Wing

and I’ll just leave some names here :

Jordan Jones available for under 1M

Richie Smallwood

Jordan Obita 

And the player I really want us to sign Joe Williams! 

Set up a 433 next season

New Keeper

Spence

Hill

Fry or Gibson depends if fry leaves

New LB

Williams 

Freeman 

Howson 

Tav

fletcher or windass

New LW

.. maybe get a right back play spence forward also have Coulson Johnson and Browne for the LW spot 

10 minutes ago, BoroLad2020 said:

Right it’s about time I came back Let’s sort this boring conversation out  😅

GK - Brad Young - Prem sides interested including Chelsea

GK - Dillon Phillips - Cardiff, Derby and Huddersfield interested

GK -  Neil Etheridge - Blackburn interested

GK - Alex Bass - Palace also interested

RB - Lee Peltier

LB - Tyler Blackett

CAM - Luke Freeman (loan) -  Forrest also interested

LM - Jacques Maghoma - Blackburn interested

ST - Josh Windass - Sheffield Wednesday Interested

Other News :

Marvin Johnson 2 Year extension 

George Friend 1 Year extension

Outgoings :

Paddy McNair - Stoke and Celtic

George Saville - Stoke

Britt Assombalonga 

Lewis Wing

and I’ll just leave some names here :

Jordan Jones available for under 1M

Richie Smallwood

Jordan Obita 

And the player I really want us to sign Joe Williams! 

Set up a 433 next season

New Keeper

Spence

Hill

Fry or Gibson depends if fry leaves

New LB

Williams 

Freeman 

Howson 

Tav

fletcher or windass

New LW

.. maybe get a right back play spence forward also have Coulson Johnson and Browne for the LW spot 

SDS... is that you?

19 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Side not the questions the gazette ask were pathetic. Talking about Woodgate and Leo. Nothing on recruitment or plans behind the scenes. 

In fairness, they are things that some people want to know; and there were questions over both their contracts.

• Like 1

Bamba's agent is well connected in France has alot of players for our budget hopefully Warnock means him when he talks about using our scouting department to scout a specific agents clients.

Just please don't tell me he's still using the Mckay's to broker and find him European players.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/22/willy-mckay-agent-emiliano-sala-cardiff

"Exclusive: Middlesbrough set sights on signing French striker with 32 goals in 2 seasons"

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-middlesbrough-set-sights-on-signing-french-striker-with-32-goals-in-2-seasons/

"Middlesbrough are plotting a move to sign striker Armand Gnanduillet on a free transfer this summer, Football Insider understands."

2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

"Exclusive: Middlesbrough set sights on signing French striker with 32 goals in 2 seasons"

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-middlesbrough-set-sights-on-signing-french-striker-with-32-goals-in-2-seasons/

"Middlesbrough are plotting a move to sign striker Armand Gnanduillet on a free transfer this summer, Football Insider understands."

I hope this is true!

2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Someone has been reading this forum again. Who brought this guy up the other day?

• Haha 2

Was an obvious target for us very similar to Moore, 6 foot 4 has a decent shift of pace for his size and can't deny his form, on a free I will absolutely take him.

Just checked who his agency is, turns out it's Warnock's most used agency USM that adds alot of credence to this link for me since we know how Warnock operates.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/unique-sports-management/beraterfirma/berater/4142

Edited by Jamie-H

Not a link in any way but if we're looking at Strikers that have done it in lower divisions and are available, Tyler Walker from Forest wouldn't be a bad addition to Britt and Fletcher. 22 Goals in 46 goals for Mansfield in League 2 a couple of seasons ago and 14 in 29 for Lincoln in League 1 last season. Only scored 4 goals in the Championship in 19 games for Forest, but only 8 starts. Seems like he's not going to get a chance at Forest and there's a bit of talk of him going back on loan to league one 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)