oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I'd hazard a guess that the agent he's talking about with looking at the French league for him is this bloke and his agency.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/meissa-ndiaye/beraterfirma/berater/1881

My concern is this is the same agency who has the Mckays sniffing around as 'consultants' it was the Mckays+Ndiaye that brokered the Sala transfer greased it with jetting Warnock to France a few times expenses paid, listen to Warnock's defence Cardiff were one of the lowest payers of agent fees during his time but it does seem like specific trusted agents words will carry alot of sway at Rockliffe especially if we get more desperate.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Fair enough. Is that what he’s saying our new policy is though? No scouts, just agents recommending players? 

That's not what it sounded like to me. He said he's asking agents for recommendations for positions he wants to recruit for. Then he's reviewing footage that our scouts/recruitment team finds and not just the YouTube highlights agents send across, like he said, he'd spent most the previous day from that media conference reviewing this stuff personally and threw out a couple our stats guys had marked up as ones to look at. It didn't at all sound like he's signing players based purely on agent recommendations.

• Like 4
Just now, Neverbefore said:

That would be pretty worrying if it is how we're selecting our signings. Agents are hardly going to say "here have this fella, he's rubbish". It's their job to sell their clients not pick players who would fit into our team! 

Exactly! I was responding to CTs comments really. Im guessing the most successful teams have a variety of approaches for finding players. We’ve not been too successful over the past few seasons, not many gems, will be interesting to see how Warnock does with his approach. 

Whatever approach Warnock uses I would be staggered if it turned out worse than what our Recruitment team have been delivering. If he signs ten players I can pretty much guarantee that two or three of them will be disappointing, its just the nature of Football. Just ask Fergie about Forlan, Owen, Nani, Obertan, Hargreaves and a fair few others that didn't live up to billing.

• Like 1

maddo will be Ok...probably settle on Armand or Nando and give the rest a miss....mind you, given that he has trouble with long words like Fry, we should probably run a sweep to see who gets nearest  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
56 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Fair enough. Is that what he’s saying our new policy is though? No scouts, just agents recommending players? 

That's not what I was saying exactly.  You seemed to be saying it was good that he knew his own mind and turned down our stats guys recommendations.  I was pointing out that his own judgement isn't exactly infallible with the example of Gary Madine.  I have no idea what he's doing other than he was quite happy to say that he'd asked agents to recommend some players to him, something I'm not a big fan of.

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I missed that, did he imply that he was talking to him about camarasa for us? He'd be a top signing if so, though from memory he has a checkered injury history.

No don’t think so. When he was talking about getting players from Spain, he mentioned how he signed Camarasa when he was at Cardiff. Then went on to say he’s asked his agent if he could recommend anyone that would be available which suits his requirements/positions.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/watch-neil-warnocks-insights-to-the-media

Its around minute 11:15 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)