oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Danny Ward looks set for Huddersfield on a free from Cardiff probably didn't fit the 6 foot 3+ blueprint Warnock seems to want up front.

The Blackpool lad has a presence and charisma about him can either see him working well and bagging 10 goals or more for the season or him being cast aside come January but on a free given his form across the past 2 seasons and his aerial ability I'll take him if it turns out we get him in. Rather that than spend 7 figures on a lampost who we are then lumbered with if he doesn't hit the net Gnanduillet is a low risk low cost striking option we need a striker contracted to the club past 2021 otherwise clubs will have us over a barrell next summer.

• Like 1

Gnanduillet can play on his own up top, or could partner Assombalonga or Fletcher equally well. Free. Low wages. A third, different option up top who offers increased versatility in approach and system. Makes a lot of sense.

I notice Leeds are after Barisic from Rangers who statistically looked class from the stuff on left backs earlier on the forum. I wonder if that will mean Barry Douglas will be available after promotion for a second time? If we need a set piece taker, maybe worth killing two birds with one stone?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Snowblind said:

Gnanduillet can play on his own up top, or could partner Assombalonga or Fletcher equally well. Free. Low wages. A third, different option up top who offers increased versatility in approach and system. Makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, for what it's worth, you'd at least hope we won't break the bank on him. So long as we keep Fletch and Britt, I'd be happy enough with him.

I wonder what the plan is for Stephen Walker this season? Back out on loan? Signed a new deal last year.

I can see one difference with Gestede straightaway....this lads headers tend to go forwards in most cases...also liked the way that just about every penalty went in a different spot 

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

I can see one difference with Gestede straightaway....this lads headers tend to go forwards in most cases...also liked the way that just about every penalty went in a different spot 

Not saying I don’t want the guy or that’s he’s a bad player, but I’m sure if you YouTube Gestedes highlights, and had not seen him play before, we’d all probably think he’d be a great signing. I’m sure he’s scored a lot of good headers in his highlights. Of course the main difference is that this guy would be on a free so no real risk involved👍🏼

• Like 2

I’ve found this class striker on YouTube. Looks exactly what we need. Left foot, right foot, headers, penalties, flicks, bicycles... what’s not to like?

Seriously though, for those getting overly excited about Gnanduillet, please watch this video. YouTube can make Gestede look like a world beater. I’m not saying Gnanduillet will be a rubbish signing but I’d say the fact that he’s 28 and has never played higher than League 1, along with the fact that Blackpool fans aren’t that fussed that he’s leaving, is probably more telling that what you can gather from a 2/3 minute YouTube video.  

• Like 11
20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I’ve found this class striker on YouTube. Looks exactly what we need. Left foot, right foot, headers, penalties, flicks, bicycles... what’s not to like?

Seriously though, for those getting overly excited about Gnanduillet, please watch this video. YouTube can make Gestede look like a world beater. I’m not saying Gnanduillet will be a rubbish signing but I’d say the fact that he’s 28 and has never played higher than League 1, along with the fact that Blackpool fans aren’t that fussed that he’s leaving, is probably more telling that what you can gather from a 2/3 minute YouTube video.  

Theyre all highlights from when he was actually good tbf though 😄

10 hours ago, Will said:

Realistically unless we’re selling a striker he’s going to be 3rd choice, so as long as his wages are sensible I’d be ok with Gnanduillet.

Or his cousin Gandalph!

11 hours ago, TLF10 said:

If Warnock has a real issue with us being the lowest scorers in league for 3 years running then simply signing a striker from Blackpool who has a decent but not great goal return of 15 goals in league 1will probably not solve issue.

Happy to sign him but hopefully in addittion to somone else.

What we ideally need is a striker who scores 12-15 goals at champo level to go with the 12-15 Britt and Fletch should be getting.

tbf to the lad he scored 15 in 30 games. which is kind of good. i think if we did try for him he'd be our off the bench guy when looking for different options off the bench.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

jesuus he didnt run on the whole video. wonder why they never showed him running? hmmm

yes the blackpool lad didnt chase and harry the backline when out of possession. maybe hed do it for us or another team higher up. they also didnt like the fact their defence always took the easy option and lumped it up to him. ahem george friend, yes george you like the big lump dont you.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)