oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Hopefully we see some more movement this coming week. Our pre-season begins on the 17th August and with technically ten players leaving the club although I think at least one of Friend of Johnson will accept their new contract we need to get bodies in desperately.

Goals are not the only job a striker has.

Firmino is the best example. He doesn’t score many but he is one of the best strikers in the PL. Reason being is that, although he doesn’t score a lot of goals, the rest of the team score a lot more when he’s in it. His movement is fantastic. He drags defenders out which leaves space for the likes of Mane and Salah to run into. His hold up play and link up play is second to none which again allows the midfielders to get more chances in and around the box. He is also a danger from corners and set pieces which means he will occupy one of the opposition’s better aerial players which may allow more opportunities for other players. 

Compare all of that to Britt. His movement is poor. He’s a goal poacher. He occupies the box which means that their two central defenders will also be there, resulting in a condensed penalty area with no space for the midfield to run in to. His link up play is poor. He does not bring the midfield into play. And he is zero danger from set pieces. 

I haven’t seen a lot of Moore so I can’t comment as to whether I think we would score more or less as a team with him in it. I do know that we, as a team, don’t score many when Britt is in it. That may be due to the lack of creative and goal scoring midfielders. However the likes of Howson, Saville and McNair all scored plenty for previous clubs. If you look at the goals we score from midfield now, they are just long shots from Wing. None from midfielders arriving into gaps in the box or playing off the strikers. Stats wise Britt scores more himself than Moore does but we, as a team, may score more with Moore in it. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

One costs £1.8m, one cost £15m.

It's not a surprise that Assombalonga is better at scoring, but he's a huge money sink on big wages.

Pretty much sums it up for me, Britt continues to offer poor value and unless we move him on this summer the club will never realise any return on his huge transfer fee.

Verses Moore, who will probably sign a contract which will be far less that half of Britts package.

If britt was a perfect fit for the Warnock system maybe things would be different, but hes not.

Overall he's been a big disappointment and I just hope we can get a reasonable fee for him this summer, but i expect won't 

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Firmino is the best example. He doesn’t score many but he is one of the best strikers in the PL. Reason being is that, although he doesn’t score a lot of goals, the rest of the team score a lot more when he’s in it. His movement is fantastic. He drags defenders out which leaves space for the likes of Mane and Salah to run into. His hold up play and link up play is second to none which again allows the midfielders to get more chances in and around the box. He is also a danger from corners and set pieces which means he will occupy one of the opposition’s better aerial players which may allow more opportunities for other players. 

Compare all of that to Britt. His movement is poor. He’s a goal poacher. He occupies the box which means that their two central defenders will also be there, resulting in a condensed penalty area with no space for the midfield to run in to. His link up play is poor. He does not bring the midfield into play. And he is zero danger from set pieces. 

I haven’t seen a lot of Moore so I can’t comment as to whether I think we would score more or less as a team with him in it. I do know that we, as a team, don’t score many when Britt is in it. That may be due to the lack of creative and goal scoring midfielders. However the likes of Howson, Saville and McNair all scored plenty for previous clubs. If you look at the goals we score from midfield now, they are just long shots from Wing. None from midfielders arriving into gaps in the box or playing off the strikers. Stats wise Britt scores more himself than Moore does but we, as a team, may score more with Moore in it. 

Good post

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Was about to write something like this.. Good post

Britt gets 15 Max.. But the rest of the team only get half of What they would get with a better allround striker.

Sof if it's between Britt's 15 plus 30 team goals, i would rather have a 10 goals a year striker and 50 team goals 🤷‍♂️😎

12 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Whats going on with vossen. Seen his name memtion3d alot on twitter 

Nothing. Boro posted a highlight of his yesterday and I think it's got people reminiscing.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Nothing. Boro posted a highlight of his yesterday and I think it's got people reminiscing.

Think it also might have something to do with Leeds fans starting a #freebenwhite so boro fans remembered when we did it a few years ago

24EECD6C-9B91-4295-8349-DAA0E3C33A77.jpeg

Seeing as though it’s relatively quiet, let’s have your predictions for the next week. 

I’m going Moore in, Friend and Johnson new deals announced. 

16 minutes ago, CWC said:

Seeing as though it’s relatively quiet, let’s have your predictions for the next week. 

I’m going Moore in, Friend and Johnson new deals announced. 

Amos and Moore in, McNair out. 

agree with alot of whats been said about Assombalona, he gets goals but apart from that he can be nonexistent in games. He cant really pass the ball well, looks uncomfortably running with the ball at his feet and also has no real pace to speak of. I often found myself hoping we didnt pass to when when countering a team cause he has a terrible habit of slowing down play and costing us momentum in breaks. 

He's a decent poacher, but the fact that no prem side has taken a punt on him is a damning indictment of his ability as most championship strikers worth there salt have spent a season in the prem.  

• Like 1

Funnily enough I have a close family member who played with Lyndon Dykes at reserve level in Scotland. Even when he moved over from Australia he didn’t seem to stand out and nobody really thought he’d go on to senior football so much so he was close to going back to Australia. I have to say I’d personally be very against paying the price that is being asked for him. Don’t get me wrong he’s doing well in Scotland but for that money I think it would be a crazy decision and we could certainly get much better. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)