oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I'd stay well away from Dykes personally, only one of those strikers in Scotland I'd take a chance on would be Lawrence Shankland but even then 20/21 is his first season in the SPL 

If we can sell Britt for a decent offer and bring in Moore, then we'll still need another striker so wonder what sort of one we'd look to bring in. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Kieffer Moore.  Played for Wigan last season.  For most of the season, Wigan were the only team near us in terms of the number of goals scored.  He was their main striker.  He scored 10 goals.  Played against us twice.  I can't remember him doing a single thing of note in either game.  I don't remember him being a handful to defend against or anything like that.  The only way in which he could be described as an upgrade on Assombalonga and Fletcher is in terms of height.  We are trying to sign him because he's bigger than our other players, not because he's better.  He isn't suddenly going to make us a goalscoring team any more than simply building a reasonably balanced side will do, with dare I say it, a bit of creativity 😲

We're gonna sign this guy on a three or four year deal, if he we get him.  Warnock isn't going to be here for three or four years and we are going to be lumbered with players that there's a fair chance the next man in won't want and that we won't be able to get rid of because we are paying them more than they will get anywhere else.  If any of that sounds familiar to you then you'll understand my own apprehension as to what we seem to be doing right now.

The grass isn't always greener.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

One costs £1.8m, one cost £15m.

It's not a surprise that Assombalonga is better at scoring, but he's a huge money sink on big wages.

I don't see any meaning to that comparison.  The choice isn't between spending £15m and £1.8m.  We've already spent the £15m, that's done.  The choice would be between spending nothing and £1.8m in transfer fees and whatever their respective salaries will be.  If Moore is on half of what Assombalonga is on, then he's the more expensive player for us next season.

Maybe I'm being forgetful here, but I don't remember anyone on this forum singing Moore's praises before we've been linked to him the last few weeks?  If he's such a great signing then wouldn't that have been a name bandied around regularly?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I don't see any meaning to that comparison.  The choice isn't between spending £15m and £1.8m.  We've already spent the £15m, that's done.  The choice would be between spending nothing and £1.8m in transfer fees and whatever their respective salaries will be.  If Moore is on half of what Assombalonga is on, then he's the more expensive player for us next season.

Maybe I'm being forgetful here, but I don't remember anyone on this forum singing Moore's praises before we've been linked to him the last few weeks?  If he's such a great signing then wouldn't that have been a name bandied around regularly?

I wanted him instead of Negredo and Ravanelli prior to that 

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Kieffer Moore.  Played for Wigan last season.  For most of the season, Wigan were the only team near us in terms of the number of goals scored.  He was their main striker.  He scored 10 goals.  Played against us twice.  I can't remember him doing a single thing of note in either game.  I don't remember him being a handful to defend against or anything like that.  The only way in which he could be described as an upgrade on Assombalonga and Fletcher is in terms of height.  We are trying to sign him because he's bigger than our other players, not because he's better.  He isn't suddenly going to make us a goalscoring team any more than simply building a reasonably balanced side will do, with dare I say it, a bit of creativity 😲

We're gonna sign this guy on a three or four year deal, if he we get him.  Warnock isn't going to be here for three or four years and we are going to be lumbered with players that there's a fair chance the next man in won't want and that we won't be able to get rid of because we are paying them more than they will get anywhere else.  If any of that sounds familiar to you then you'll understand my own apprehension as to what we seem to be doing right now.

The grass isn't always greener.

agree with a lot of the post, but one thing that people often say is that britts record is poor due to the poor service and tactics of managers like pulis. could that argument not work for Moore, getting 10 goals in a side that creates very few chances is actually decent?

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm going off the assumption that we're selling Assombalonga.

We'd get more than double the fee we'd pay for Moore from a cut price sale of him.

We don't sell Assombalonga, we'll still end up needing a replacement next year, but we'll get less to no money from a sale.

Moore has contributed to more league goals this season than Assombalonga has, and will cost significantly less.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm going off the assumption that we're selling Assombalonga.

We'd get more than double the fee we'd pay for Moore from a cut price sale of him.

We don't sell Assombalonga, we'll still end up needing a replacement next year, but we'll get less to no money from a sale.

Moore has contributed to more league goals this season than Assombalonga has, and will cost significantly less.

Well, yeah, selling Assombalonga would make a difference to that but could we sell him?  Has he been linked anywhere recently?  What kind of fee could we hope to get for him?

Also, it's worth pointing out that this was viewed as a bad season for Assombalonga and he contributed to two fewer goals than Moore.  Looking at Moore's career to date, this is the best season he's had, at this level anyway, but it's like the second best season he's had overall.  Sorry, it's the third best season overall.

I don't see the fascination with the guy really.  When it looked like QPR were signing him a few weeks back I think I put a post up saying I was glad we weren't in the running for someone like that.  I don't think we can fix previous mistakes by making new ones.

Edited by Changing Times
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well, yeah, selling Assombalonga would make a difference to that but could we sell him?  Has he been linked anywhere recently?  What kind of fee could we hope to get for him?  

i havnt heard anything concrete about clubs interested, but my ITK friend did say a few weeks back that he wants to leave.  I think our best bet is a side like bournemouth with more money than sense and in need of a rebuild splash 5-7 mil (If were lucky) on him.  Apart from that i think he leaves on a free next summer. 

The fact EG are running with Moore and Hoilett says to me there is a good chance of both happening. If they are who Warnock wants that's pretty good going.

It would seem to suggest players see us as a decent bet this season. 

23 minutes ago, tmcc said:

agree with a lot of the post, but one thing that people often say is that britts record is poor due to the poor service and tactics of managers like pulis. could that argument not work for Moore, getting 10 goals in a side that creates very few chances is actually decent?

His career record suggests to me not but it could be that he is a late bloomer I suppose.

5 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i havnt heard anything concrete about clubs interested, but my ITK friend did say a few weeks back that he wants to leave.  I think our best bet is a side like bournemouth with more money than sense and in need of a rebuild splash 5-7 mil (If were lucky) on him.  Apart from that i think he leaves on a free next summer. 

Oh not this again 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 4
5 minutes ago, Will said:

Oh not this again 🤦‍♂️

im not claiming im "ITK", but i do have a friend who has given me reliable information in the past so i have no reason not trust him. Also is the claim really that outlandish? are you surprised to hear that Britt wants to leave?  i think its been obvious for the past 2 seasons he wants to go, problem is no clubs are willing to stump up the money needed to get him. 

2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

im not claiming im "ITK", but i do have a friend who has given me reliable information in the past so i have no reason not trust him. Also is the claim really that outlandish? are you surprised to hear that Britt wants to leave?  i think its been obvious for the past 2 seasons he wants to go, problem is no clubs are willing to stump up the money needed to get him. 

Trust me this is a can of worms you do not want to open.

• Haha 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)