oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, BoroJake said:

Close between that and fletcher vs west brom

I'd say that the Hull goal is miles better, all clearly deliberate and well worked from multiple players.

As great as Fletcher's goal was, I think it was far more hit it and hope.

• Like 1
Just now, tmcc said:

but your point was that over 29 is old and cant command a fee?, if kieffer moore was 29 and two seasons back to back of 10 goals in championship, do you really think we wouldnt get 1.8 million for him?  this is the point i take issue with. i agree grabbon is a much better player but im using to highlight that age dosent matter and players can still go for large sums regardless of age, nakhi wells would be a better example, i decent championship striker but only 3 of his 7 seasons in champ have produced more than 10 goals and he still went for over 5 mil at 29. 

also iv looked and im yet to find any players with 10+ goals a season going for less than 1.8 million in recent years. Your argument that would be get our money back or improve the fee seems to have no evidence. 

No it wasn't my point.  My point was his age and his record combined i.e. the actual situation we would be in next season.  So a 29 year old who has scored 10 goals twice in a row at this level.  I don't think that compares with the likes of Grabban at all.  Even Wells has a better record than Moore and in all honesty I think there was an element of panic in that buy.  They were chasing the play offs and took a shot that he would get the goals they needed in the second half of the season because they are desperate to try and get up.  I think they ended up paying more than they'd have liked as a result but that's just my opinion.

I said I didn't think we'd find anyone to buy him for at least double and improve what I suspect would be a pretty good contract.  A lot of the players you'd be talking about either have better records or are younger.  That doesn't even factor in any issues there might be with Covid and club's finances now.

11 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

From what I can see the upside appears to be he is cheap, he is big but most importantly, he is not Danish 

Ah yeah, I hadn't really considered that last part.  Great signing for us 🤸‍♂️

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Didn't someone say moore was looking for 40k a week? That's the figure we need to be worrying about, not the 1.8mil.

No chance we'd be paying him that 😂

• Like 1

I hope @Lurker is right and Britt stays. Him, Moore and Fletcher would be a good pool of strikers.

I do get where those who criticise him are coming from to an extent but i dont get those who are totally dismissive of him. The guy is a goalscorer and he will get double figures for us next season even if he not first choice.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Didn't someone say moore was looking for 40k a week? That's the figure we need to be worrying about, not the 1.8mil.

It was diggerlad.  I suspect that number must have come down considerably, if it was true in the first place.

15 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Britt is attacking play personified

Great forward play and a brilliant goal. That is not him personified though otherwise he'd be doing that all the time. 

His strength is playing on the shoulder of a defender and the majority of his goals I'd imagine would come in the box. 

His strength isn't his movement outside the box and linking up with team mates. That goal is literally the exception rather than the norm. 

Would people rather have Kieffer Moore or Chris Martin

Martin 11 goals 6 assists in 35 in the league last season, Moore 10 goals 5 assists in 36

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Would people rather have Kieffer Moore or Chris Martin

Martin 11 goals 6 assists in 35 in the league last season, Moore 10 goals 5 assists in 36

Much rather Chris Martin. But still wouldn't be selling Britt or Fletcher to bring in Chris Martin. Moore and Chris Martin are okay signings to replace Gestede as our 3rd striker.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)