oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Contrasting reports on Fry then, he either loves the club and wants to stay for eternity or he and his agent have been giving other clubs the eyes 👀 

Anything north of £10m with a sell on 🤝

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Maybe you have to weigh up what the reduced fee gives you to spend on extra wages

Lets say the fee would have been £5M  you have £3.2 M to play with over the life of a contract.  40k per week is not quite as daft as it sounds

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

10m for Fry lmao some people are living in dreamland 

I wouldn’t pay half that for him just to be clear. However he still has a reputation, is English and is still young. That’s a recipe for good money in this country, like it or not 

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

I really wish we look abroad for some signings like Kike.  As we need to be doing what Brentford do scout the lower leagues of European football to undercover potential future stars on the cheap. That we can then sell for 30+ million 😁

In order to sign Kike we apparently passed on Callum Wilson when he was at Coventry.

35 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

In order to sign Kike we apparently passed on Callum Wilson when he was at Coventry.

that's the thing, we've identified some great players with potential in the past, but then picked the wrong option or couldn't get a deal over the line.

Been reading through old gazette stories about transfers and old transfer threads on here out of boredom to see the "ones that got away"

Feels like pretty much everyone on the forum in summer 2014 wanted us to sign Luke Ayling, what a shame we didn't look at him feels like we've had a different right back every season since

This made me laugh on the first page also 

Aarfy_Aardvark

Posted April 22, 2014

Assombalonga from Peterborough would be ideal for us. Would fit the AK system perfectly.

12 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

that's the thing, we've identified some great players with potential in the past, but then picked the wrong option or couldn't get a deal over the line.

I always wonder if their career would have progressed in the same way too, Wilson looked made for Bournemouth but may have struggled in our side

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I always wonder if their career would have progressed in the same way too, Wilson looked made for Bournemouth but may have struggled in our side

In regards to Wilson, his speed alone would have made a big difference for us

but in general, true, but we live in hope

I don't recall us ever having been linked with Callum Wilson. Unless by 'passed on' him, you mean we didn't try to sign him, in which case the same could be said for most other strikers in the country.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I don't recall us ever having been linked with Callum Wilson. Unless by 'passed on' him, you mean we didn't try to sign him, in which case the same could be said for most other strikers in the country.

We were never officially ‘linked’ I don’t think, however I’m almost certain it was in the gazette I seen it. Talking about how we had watched And wanted Wilson but the new boss (Karanka) had his own targets. 

Our problem certainly last season and for many seasons really is that we do  not score enough goals reading the names on the thread will that change and if so where will the extra goals come from?

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)