oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

WTF come on guys pack it in, we have days of thunderstorms to come then you can be miserable!

DZ and his brother seem to think they have a monopoly on information on this board, despite the fact they've got far more wrong than they have right, even recently. They've already bullied another person off the board already, I'm not going to sit back and take it.

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

As an aside, the gazette state Moore is not first choice. Who do we think might be. Can't remember many other forwards being linked? 

Looking in the same kind of mould, Chris Martin is a great target man with far better footballing ability than Moore and better pedigree in this league. But he hasn't been mentioned anywhere except here.

3 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

As an aside, the gazette state Moore is not first choice. Who do we think might be. Can't remember many other forwards being linked? 

Ross McCormack

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Will said:

Looking in the same kind of mould, Chris Martin is a great target man with far better footballing ability than Moore and better pedigree in this league. But he hasn't been mentioned anywhere except here.

I don't think we could afford his wages. Looking for 20-25k a week I would imagine.

Just now, Will said:

Sadlier would be a decent Free Agent too. Again, think he's only been mentioned here.

Can play centrally or as a wide forward, so would suit numerous systems.

6 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

This is getting a bit tetchy on here.

Message to MFC - sign someone, or risk an outbreak of handbags on OB.

But what could be more OneBoro than excitedly checking 20 new pages on the transfer thread for our new amazing wingers and impervious centre half, then realising it's all arguments?! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

But what could be more OneBoro than excitedly checking 20 new pages on the transfer thread for our new amazing wingers and impervious centre half, then realising it's all arguments?! 

It's even worse since the forum change as 50 posts per page isn't an option anymore, so now there's not even any "God just make it 50 posts per page" responses when someone complains.

23 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

_108897800_shutterstock_editorial_104181

But seriously it threw me a little when I read Vickers pirce, Cosgrove's injured so it wont be him, Dykes is long linked but can't see it I don't think Chris Martin would be number 1 to be honest whoever it is I'd guess 6 foot 2 plus the part about better suits the style kind of threw me does that mean tall but not Moore tall? Very strange unless it's just a leak by the club to pressure Moore.

On the Ipswich guy I've genuinely never heard of, if there's anyone at Ipswich we should go for it should be Kayden Jackson 1 year left on his deal has a bit of pace and physicality under a different manager I bet we'd be all over it.

Edited by Jamie-H
30 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

the whole point was that from the clubs point of view, there is nothing gained by them telling the gazette information when they are trying to do a deal behind the scenes hence why the gazette are limited to reports and the gazette understands. The only people that gain from potential deals being in the media are players and agents, in the interest of getting more clubs interested

Honestly, I thought it was pretty obvious to discern that from the comment

I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant by my comment and I was one word away. You were a whole separate explanation away from what you were actually trying to say via your post. Maybe you should put more thought into what you're trying to say before you have a go at others for it. Just saying.

8 minutes ago, Will said:

DZ and his brother seem to think they have a monopoly on information on this board, despite the fact they've got far more wrong than they have right, even recently. They've already bullied another person off the board already, I'm not going to sit back and take it.

Sadly I am aware of that but he knows that he is more than welcome to return when he feels more comfortable.

And here lays the crux of the matter being comfortable being on the forum without the feeling of being bullied, I believe that both DZ and diggerlad do not intentionally set out to bully other members but when you read certain contents then it does seem that way.

We all love the gossip, fleeting bits of information from all those who have the cander to put the information out there, be it right or wrong and certainly it does seem that they share the same sourse of information but as I say we can take the info with a pinch of salt until proven accurate.

Every transfer window thread has been the same but sometimes it does get a bit too close to being offensive and perhaps this is one of those times.

Therefore to all posters please be mindful of how your posts could be interpretated by others and if it is your intention to be the big bad wolf then please don't bother.

I hate losing members, it upsets me to a degree unless they deserve it and it can not carry on.

Thanks and rant over

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)