oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Couldn't of said it better myself. Very lazy journalism and often are the journalists personal opinions which they have been instructed to do by the editors.

Problem is the gazette get very limited information from the club now but fans seem to think they are still very well connected.

I personally know one of the writers for the gazette and he often finds snippets of information just like the rest of us do by word of mouth with someone with connections. (He also views this board)

Maybe your friend doesn't have the same contacts as other people there?  It's not like all journos share their information, is it?  It's a competitive industry at the end of the day.

Oh and hi to whoever is looking in 👋 Don't let all of the horrible comments on here get you down, even the ones from your so called mates 😢

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

The same every year.. A few days with No action and we roast each other 😂😂😂😂❤️

FWIW.. Things have been solved via direct messages 💪

I have no idea of what you speak 🤔

Oh now I am getting to it on the thread. Yikes.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe your friend doesn't have the same contacts as other people there?  It's not like all journos share their information, is it?  It's a competitive industry at the end of the day.

Oh and hi to whoever is looking in 👋 Don't let all of the horrible comments on here get you down, even the ones from your so called mates 😢

Yep you are right, Oneboro and Fmttm are very close competitors. 

5 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

_108897800_shutterstock_editorial_104181

But seriously it threw me a little when I read Vickers pirce, Cosgrove's injured so it wont be him, Dykes is long linked but can't see it I don't think Chris Martin would be number 1 to be honest whoever it is I'd guess 6 foot 2 plus the part about better suits the style kind of threw me does that mean tall but not Moore tall? Very strange unless it's just a leak by the club to pressure Moore.

On the Ipswich guy I've genuinely never heard of, if there's anyone at Ipswich we should go for it should be Kayden Jackson 1 year left on his deal has a bit of pace and physicality under a different manager I bet we'd be all over it.

It's like you said mate, it could just be a bit of a ploy to put some pressure on Moore to make his mind up but I think it would be unrealistic to think that we haven't got a list of strikers somewhere and we are working on a few of them at the same time.

Whilst you lot were slagging each other off, I took at bit of time to look into the stats on a few players that have popped up on here. 

I've looked into what I consider are defensive stats for a few midfielders. We are obviously targeting a more defensive (holding) type midfielder hence being openly linked with Amos (If the Gazette are to be believed). I've looked at Kevin Stewart (Free Agent), Luke Amos (Spurs - low fee reported), Sam Morsy (Realistic due to Wigan's relegation?) and Josh Cullen (West Ham, was on loan at Charlton) - who would be my choice. Obviously stats are not everything, but they can help paint some of the picture.

image.thumb.png.cf227b9744e41042ebba4d037091fe4a.png

Disclaimer: I have used WhoScored as it seems one of few websites that has more detailed stats, outside of appearances, goals and assists. Obviously pro teams will have things like WyScout which will have a huge number of statistical categories available and much more detail in those stats.

Edit: Graph goes upto 3.5 (per game) in intervals of 0.25. Stewart has 3.4 tackles per game for reference.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

I Will, I didn't read all the posts after the one i replied to.. 

But if some posters, Who are Friends of some mods can say What they want, and the rest of us gets warnings for nout.. Then I can find other places to roam.. 

I genuinely think, that will is a bully..  But I just keep quiet.. But Any more nepotism and I am out.. 

Why do you always have to cause trouble on here?  I mean, I know you're Danish and that's all they do over there, but over here we are more sophisticated and refined.  We all like to get along and have a nice friendly time.  Can't you just be like the rest of us? 

However, having myself been bullied by Will, Brunners, SmogDane, DZ, diggerlad and Downsouth, I'm glad that these issues are finally coming out into the open.  Many of us have been afraid to speak out about it for fear of the repercussions 😨

2 hours ago, Brunners said:
2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Your not playing properly, Brunners. You are supposed to argue with us, call us something insulting and then throw your toys out of the pram when someone accuses you of being over confrontational. 

I'm a mod, I'm not allowed to do that anymore 😞 With mild forms of online power comes great responsibility and all that.

Never stopped you with me.  It's your standard reply these days 😢

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yep you are right, Oneboro and Fmttm are very close competitors. 

Someone else at the Gazette, might, just might, have more access than your mate.  Don't you think that is at least possible?

3 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Oh yeah, I completely agree but it was more to show the state of affairs business wise. Interesting that only 3 transfers have taken place in which a fee has been paid so far in the window

Empty stadiums not helping,Clubs relying on TV money

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Someone else at the Gazette, might, just might, have more access than your mate.  Don't you think that is at least possible?

Considering his source's position at the club, I very much doubt it

Edit - realised you were talking about his journo mate, never mind.

People on here are aware that two prominent Gazette journalists have an account on here and one of them is an active poster, right?

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
  • Haha 2

Considering pre-season starts next season it’s all a bit quiet and depressing really isn’t it. The club pushing Marcus Browne propaganda out scares the life out of me. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)