oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

10 hours ago, TheJew said:

Next you'll be telling me we haven't got offers on the table for Lyle Taylor and Jordan Ibe. And IF the club do pull off these signings, I'll have broken the news too early and so can't possibly be reputable. 

Yes Please

Edited by estonpidge
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

10 hours ago, TheJew said:

Next you'll be telling me we haven't got offers on the table for Lyle Taylor and Jordan Ibe. And IF the club do pull off these signings, I'll have broken the news too early and so can't possibly be reputable. 

Just about every team in the championship has an offer on the table for Lyle Taylor tbf

15 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Whilst you lot were slagging each other off, I took at bit of time to look into the stats on a few players that have popped up on here. 

I've looked into what I consider are defensive stats for a few midfielders. We are obviously targeting a more defensive (holding) type midfielder hence being openly linked with Amos (If the Gazette are to be believed). I've looked at Kevin Stewart (Free Agent), Luke Amos (Spurs - low fee reported), Sam Morsy (Realistic due to Wigan's relegation?) and Josh Cullen (West Ham, was on loan at Charlton) - who would be my choice. Obviously stats are not everything, but they can help paint some of the picture.

image.thumb.png.cf227b9744e41042ebba4d037091fe4a.png

Disclaimer: I have used WhoScored as it seems one of few websites that has more detailed stats, outside of appearances, goals and assists. Obviously pro teams will have things like WyScout which will have a huge number of statistical categories available and much more detail in those stats.

Edit: Graph goes upto 3.5 (per game) in intervals of 0.25. Stewart has 3.4 tackles per game for reference.

Just to add onto my post from yesterday, in the interest of fairness I have also created a graph to show the Boro midfielders too.
I haven't included Wing (as he tends to operate further up the pitch, I also can't seem him being an effective holding mid) and I also haven't included Tavernier as according to WhoScored he has played 9 games in centre mid. In my own opinion I would not even consider Tav for a holding role, as he has other qualities that far outweigh him holding in the middle of the park. Personally I can see him developing into a Lampard esc role/play style.

image.thumb.png.cf3e3b4c6b46e67fb04895b9c6f1b5fe.png

Disclaimer: Howson (as we know) has played a lot of games at right-back and centre-back which may skew his stats slightly. The same can be said for McNair who has played in a back 3 a lot.
I have also kept the graph on the same intervals as the previous graph, so it's going upto 3.5 (per game) in intervals of 0.25. Stewart has 3.4 tackles per game for reference.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 4

I'm surprised we haven't been linked with Jamal Lowe when we need winger's as we were chasing him last season before he went too Wigan. He did get 5 goals and 5 assists so half decent return for first season in championship. 

39 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm surprised we haven't been linked with Jamal Lowe when we need winger's as we were chasing him last season before he went too Wigan. He did get 5 goals and 5 assists so half decent return for first season in championship. 

To be fair, I think he got almost all of them in that mauling of Hull. Think he got 1g 4A in that game.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Blanco said:

Ah here go back to giving out to each other. Don’t derail the thread with that sissy cricket game 🙄

I dare you to say that to Ben Stokes' face...or even that Eioioioioin Morgan fella. 😜

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Haha 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)