oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Why are people upset that we haven’t been held to ransom by Kieffer Moore of all people, need I remind you of the last lamppost striker who bent us over the table?

He will only have been a high priority target because of the cut price. Britt and Fletch are both better in my honest opinion so it’s a dodged bullet if you ask me 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Let's be honest, Zohore has done far more in this League that Moore has.

Including that he did perhaps his best work under our current manager, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him here.

• Like 1
Just now, DevKWat said:

Why are people upset that we haven’t been held to ransom by Kieffer Moore of all people, need I remind you of the last lamppost striker who bent us over the table?

He will only have been a high priority target because of the cut price. Britt and Fletch are both better in my honest opinion so it’s a dodged bullet if you ask me 

Gestede didn't bend us over a table, we were stupid enough to offer him the deal to begin with.

Still, given the wage demands of this guy supposedly being so high, I can hardly disagree with what you're saying re: Moore. I like the 2 strikers we've got and having to pay Moore anything like what those guys are on already sounds like a waste of money. I'd definitely rather keep the 2 we've got if it had come to having to sell one of them to sign Moore, too.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I guess that begs the question why were we so involved with trying to sign Moore if we didn't actually rate him as highly as another. I guess money but then that's not a net positive if the only reason we didn't sign Moore is because of his wage demands, if the player is gonna cost more to sign then their wage demands are unlikely to be better for us.

Yup I've been trying to figure out who our top target could be I don't think it's a Gnanduillet or a loan personally.

Gazette again today: "Moore, though, isn't understood to have been top of Boro's striker wishlist this summer and the club have been working on other targets under the radar."

It's obviously a physical striker hopefully one with a good goal record I'm very curious who it turns out to be that we're targeting here.

People were talking about how refreshing it was to have Warnock's outlook that players either want to play for Middlesbrough, or you can sod off, and that he was giving players these apparent deadlines. Now that one of the players has chosen to not come here (or more likely, we wouldn't meet his demands), all of a sudden that's a negative? 

• Like 4
Just now, Jamie-H said:

Yup I've been trying to figure out who our top target could be I don't think it's a Gnanduillet or a loan personally.

Gazette again today: "Moore, though, isn't understood to have been top of Boro's striker wishlist this summer and the club have been working on other targets under the radar."

It's obviously a physical striker hopefully one with a good goal record will be very curious who it turns out to be that we're targeting.

I just can't wait for us to sign Rob Hulse and say he was our top target.

Seriously, if they're a worse striker on paper than Moore is and the club say he was the top target, it will be far too easy to call bullsh*t.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

It's obviously a physical striker hopefully one with a good goal record I'm very curious who it turns out to be that we're targeting here.

I agree, if it was Gnanduillet or one of the lads from Scotland that have been mentioned I think they'd be here already.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I know Moore must be one of Warnock's top targets but 18 goals in 87 games at the age of 28 is hardly impressive

I think its his style. He likes to play 433 or 4231 apparently. With the best will in the world nobody who has watched us this season or last can say Fletcher or Britt can play a lone striker role.

• Like 1
Just now, Tom said:

People were talking about how refreshing it was to have Warnock's outlook that players either want to play for Middlesbrough, or you can sod off, and that he was giving players these apparent deadlines. Now that one of the players has chosen to not come here (or more likely, we wouldn't meet his demands), all of a sudden that's a negative? 

The same thing happened under Pulis, I'm not at all surprised. I'm pretty sure he said literally the same thing before having to sign the only player who 'wanted to be here', Van la Parra, 19 months ago. People saw through it and now just after a year of Woodgate, it's back to where we were before, being positive about playing hardball... until we don't get the players we need again.

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Just to clear up do we have an offer on the table for Ibe or was the previous post relating to that sarcastic? 

It depends whether you believe CT or Thejew.

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I guess that begs the question why were we so involved with trying to sign Moore if we didn't actually rate him as highly as another. I guess money but then that's not a net positive if the only reason we didn't sign Moore is because of his wage demands, if the player is gonna cost more to sign then their wage demands are unlikely to be better for us.

In fairness, we probably put feelers out for 3 or 4 targets in each position. If someone, either the selling club or the player's agent, think that they can get some benefit from leaking the info in the media, then they will. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)