oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Lyndon Dykes and Sam Cosgrove stand out as likely alternatives to Kiefer Moore. We’re clearly after a target man so then two would fit the bill. Livingston apparently turned down a bid for Dykes from an unnamed Championship club other than Barnsley yesterday so it wouldn’t surprise me if that was us. 

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I think its his style. He likes to play 433 or 4231 apparently. With the best will in the world nobody who has watched us this season or last can say Fletcher or Britt can play a lone striker role.

I do get that but Moore's record doesn't speak to him being all that tried and tested in the role, surely there are more affordable alternatives

Just now, Will said:

I agree, if it was Gnanduillet or one of the lads from Scotland that have been mentioned I think they'd be here already.

Look down the leagues and objectively 'better than Moore' isn't really available for our budget, look in our league and James Collins is in his last year at Luton but I don't see him being the one.

Could be pure coincidence that an unnamed Championship club put a bid in for Dykes last weekend or we used Barnsley as a stalking horse. There's a 6 foot 3 striker in Ligue 2 on the books of Neil's favourite foreign agency Ibrahim Sissoko but that would seem like a bit too much of a punt.

Just speculation from me though.

At this stage I really cannot see why we are not looking very closely at Chris Martin. He’s a different type to Britt and Fletch and more in the mould of Moore. There would be no fee involved and I’d guess would be wanting similar terms to Moore. 

I'd be happy with Sam Cosgrove but for the fact he's injured.

Probably not the most popular up at Aberdeen right now after being part of the pub scandal.

Aberdeen tried to sell him for £2m earlier, but he wouldn't move to China.

Yorkshire lad, so Middlesbrough shouldn't put him off too much.

Chill out lads, its not like we are missing out on superstars. 

I remember the days when we were trying to sign players like Batistuta and Roberto Carlos. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I do get that but Moore's record doesn't speak to him being all that tried and tested in the role, surely there are more affordable alternatives

Where though?  Last night whilst waiting for my son to finish training I was looking at whoscored and there are very few, if any strikers available with a decent scoring record that has the physicality and mobility / work ethic we need. Gnanduillet is older than Moore, less mobile and basically a lamppost. I dont necessarily think a stellar goalscoring record is vital. Someone made a point about Firmino earlier in the week. He is in single figures but without him Liverpool arent as good.

1 minute ago, CWC said:

At this stage I really cannot see why we are not looking very closely at Chris Martin. He’s a different type to Britt and Fletch and more in the mould of Moore. There would be no fee involved and I’d guess would be wanting similar terms to Moore. 

wages, I think Martin wants 25k+ and we're not willing / unable to get close to that.

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Chill out lads, its not like we are missing out on superstars. 

I remember the days when we were trying to sign players like Batistuta and Roberto Carlos. 

Yeah, nowadays we’re getting turned down by the likes of Kieffer Moore because he has a better option than us 😆

6 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Hes 31 as well. 

I really don’t see the problem in signing older players as long as they do a job. Warnock has already said that this squad has no leaders so the likelihood is we will be bringing in a couple of older/seasoned Championship players like Grant Hall. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)