oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

17 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

The potential problem with the short term outlook though is next year we have 4 players out of contract as it is. Personally I would be happy with them all leaving, but if we need to get more in due to the short term contracts potentially given this summer its another difficult / expensive summer. Ideal for someone new potentially coming in and really stamping his ethos on the club, but really difficult to sign the players he wants, as we are seeing now.

Think how much worse it would be if Pulis hadn't sorted us out as well. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I see Maddison and Browne as fairly similar players, neither are particularly fast, they can both play number 10 or out wide, they're both a bit liable to lose their head, they've got similar minutes per goal/assist in league one as well 128 minutes vs 159 minutes and both have had a short and forgettable spell in the Championship this season.

I don't think we'd miss out on too much if we passed on Maddison I'd prefer to stick with the younger Browne and try to develop him. But would welcome Maddison if we got him on a good deal as we're crying out for more creativity.

• Like 2
Just now, Duvel said:

Think how much worse it would be if Pulis hadn't sorted us out as well. 

Disappointingly it just shows how much the club have taken their eye off the ball. The squad has been unbalanced for years and now numbers are low in a market unsure of the future. Aspirational League one clubs wont want To sell their better players because of the salary cap and other players wont move as their salaries wont be matched. As it stands if we cant sell the players whose contract is coming to an end and they wont accept lower wages or just fancy moving on a free we will have 1 striker on the books after this season in Walker. Fry at 22 is the longest serving member of the squad if Friend leaves. You dont really need a DoF to see this. Some planning surely must go on looking at the potential squad for one or two seasons ahead.

• Like 1
Just now, TAPOUT said:

Disappointingly it just shows how much the club have taken their eye off the ball. The squad has been unbalanced for years and now numbers are low in a market unsure of the future. Aspirational League one clubs wont want To sell their better players because of the salary cap and other players wont move as their salaries wont be matched. As it stands if we cant sell the players whose contract is coming to an end and they wont accept lower wages or just fancy moving on a free we will have 1 striker on the books after this season in Walker. Fry at 22 is the longest serving member of the squad if Friend leaves. You dont really need a DoF to see this. Some planning surely must go on looking at the potential squad for one or two seasons ahead.

Yeah quite a few people on this forum foresaw this coming as well unfortunately no one at club seemed to. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Foogle said:

I see Maddison and Browne as fairly similar players, neither are particularly fast, they can both play number 10 or out wide, they're both a bit liable to lose their head, they've got similar minutes per goal/assist in league one as well 128 minutes vs 159 minutes and both have had a short and forgettable spell in the Championship this season.

I don't think we'd miss out on too much if we passed on Maddison I'd prefer to stick with the younger Browne and try to develop him. But would welcome Maddison if we got him on a good deal as we're crying out for more creativity.

From what I've seen, Maddison has a better talent for scoring goals which is something we could do with from midfield/wings in a Warnock team.

Still, he's been mentioned pretty much every season for 5 years and the same questions get asked without ever being answered. The lad clearly thinks he's worth more than people are willing to offer, which is gonna kill him this summer now he's out of contract. Clearly his attitude has caused some issues in the past and if he can't work past that then he's done for.

He's apparently again reiterated he's had no contact from anyone, calling himself the least-wanted guy in football, genuinely continues to raise the question as to why. We're in football, it's hardly the most morally righteous set of people you could work with, some absolute tossers have played the game and done well because of their ability on the pitch and so often, clubs will take the risk and take someone like that on. So either people in football know something we don't or he really is his own worst enemy and constantly gets in his own way.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

You joke, but he's better than Moore and I actually would have him back.

Get him to cut out the diving and he fits the bill.

or do I? 

*dun*dun*dunnnnnnnn*

Sometimes certain players don't get signed out of the lower divisions for a reason. I remember hearing a story about Harry Redknapp going to watch Jordan Rhodes when he was banging in the goals for Huddersfield. Apparently Redknapp was desperate for a striker and in the game he watched Rhodes scored a hattrick yet they still didn't make a bid for him. 

I think if we take the club sources at their word that Moore wasn't number 1 or 2 on the list, they mention players plural being ahead of him on Boros list, then we could be looking at a bigger pool than just domestic players. Obviously on a lower budget for this striker than he had then but a bit of insight from Warnock himself a month ago on his striker hunt at Cardiff last summer:

"George Puscas I was looking at when I signed Robert Glatzel for Cardiff - he was my second choice actually."

He used his own eyes, 1 scout and his phonebook last summer and came up with Glatzel #1 Puscas #2 maybe we're casting a wider net than we give the club credit for here?

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I think if can take the club sources at their word that Moore wasn't number 1 or 2 on the list, they mention players plural being ahead of him on Boros list, then we could be looking at a bigger pool than just domestic players. Obviously on a lower budget for this striker he wants but a bit of insight from Warnock himself a month ago on his striker hunt at Cardiff last summer:

"George Puscas I was looking at when I signed Robert Glatzel for Cardiff - he was my second choice actually."

He used his own eyes, 1 scout and his phonebook last summer and came up with Glatzel #1 Puscas #2 maybe we're casting a wider net than we give the club credit for here?

I think it's getting them over the line to sign seems to be our issue.  Valid point tho and we surley must be looking far and wide on our shortlist. 

1 hour ago, Foogle said:

To be fair with Browne, as a fan base we have all decided he is a hot head based off is it 1 or 2 games? He's been sent off twice and got 16 yellows on two full seasons, it's hardly a concern

3 hours ago, Tom said:

In fairness, we probably put feelers out for 3 or 4 targets in each position. If someone, either the selling club or the player's agent, think that they can get some benefit from leaking the info in the media, then they will. 

How do you know Moore wasn't a stalking Horse,To throw folk off the scent?

3 hours ago, Tom said:

People were talking about how refreshing it was to have Warnock's outlook that players either want to play for Middlesbrough, or you can sod off, and that he was giving players these apparent deadlines. Now that one of the players has chosen to not come here (or more likely, we wouldn't meet his demands), all of a sudden that's a negative? 

No we don't want another Braithwaite stinking the place out 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)