oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

34 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I think it's getting them over the line to sign seems to be our issue.  Valid point tho and we surley must be looking far and wide on our shortlist. 

We are absolutely looking far and wide. Heard our number 1 target is a French born Benin international with a great pedigree in English football who is currently a free agent. 

• Haha 6
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd be happy with Sam Cosgrove but for the fact he's injured.

Probably not the most popular up at Aberdeen right now after being part of the pub scandal.

Aberdeen tried to sell him for £2m earlier, but he wouldn't move to China.

Yorkshire lad, so Middlesbrough shouldn't put him off too much.

I must protest that saying Yorkshire & China in the same post is Bang out of order,You'll be swearing next and admin'll be on your case 

3 hours ago, p_mards said:

Yeah, nowadays we’re getting turned down by the likes of Kieffer Moore because he has a better option than us 😆

I wonder if anyone has sounded out TLF in Brazil....Naww I'm sure someone must have 

anyone else getting the feeling its going to be the same old boro transfer nonsense?  say we need 6/7 players, particularly pace and creativity, sign a centre back then change plan to 4/5 players, claim to be in for a couple of players and have a few offers accepted but nothing materialises. suddenly its deadline day again and weve only signed one centre back and were trying to sign 4 players on deadline day, again the club claims it was a close run think but we wernt able to get any deals over line.....

My friend stated this is how it would happen about 2 weeks ago, but i didnt believe him at the time and dismissed his pessimism.  starting to think he may have been right as im getting that nervous feeling now that its just gonna be the same old from this boro recruitment team. 

With Moore supposedly wanting £25K a week I think had we signed him the fans would have been in uproar let alone his potential Boro teammates. Lets be honest up until a few months ago most of us hadn't noticed him and there is nothing from his past to suggest he warrants more than a fifth of his reported Cardiff deal. Fair play to the lad but at that type of contract its thanks but no thanks. 

There is no way I can see Glatzel being loaned to us from Cardiff, they will see us as a direct competitor and the last thing they would want is for him to bang in twenty goals and us to go up instead of them. There is also however the chance that our two current strikers may not be here come October and therefore whoever does come in will perhaps be an indication if they are staying or anticipated to be leaving shortly.

It could be that the return of Browne represents a low cost risk for this season and maybe even a better one than recruiting in hope. He is at least a known quantity and will have come back with confidence so it may be thought that a saving can be made by retaining him allowing frugal funds to be spent elsewhere. The market is a unique one at the moment, one where clubs, players and agents are all in a very surreal environment. The new "normal" may take yet a few more weeks to set in for players who thought in January they could leave clubs and earn a fresh contract on better terms elsewhere. There is also the managerial roundabout which may impact on a players. Friend as an example was possibly unlikely to leave Boro despite the much lower offer but if AK and Birmingham offer a lot more than we have than his head may understandably rule his heart.

The same logic of course applies to players like Gunter or Blackett who had thought or at least hoped that they would be able to earn better deals than those currently on the table. As a direct consequence there will likely be delays before buttocks become twitchy, its just a question of how long before Players and Agents stick or twist. The current lack of fans financially will have already hit clubs very hard and the prospect of resuming once again devoid of turnstile cash is very likely to be the death knell for some clubs and not necessarily small non league ones either, as we (and the EFL should) know there are plenty of much bigger clubs living outside of their means. I'm also pretty sure that SG will be watching like a hawk those Championship clubs spending above their means. 

The reality may be that we have to stick with what we have and underpin with some less than impressive buys to bulk the squad until stability returns to the UK economy generally (allegedly the hardest hit globally) and not just the Football economy. There may be far more Goode's than Glatzel's on the Riverside horizon.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

The only problem with Hugill is we would have the same attack as 2 seasons ago when we scored 1 more than this season. Personally I would have him instead of the 2 we have but as I dont expect anybody to be interested in Britt or Fletcher it doesnt really make sense to me.

I wouldn't count this season in stats though

I think the Hugill bashing is harsh tbh. He played Pulis tactics in a boro side devoid of creativity. It’s no wonder his stats aren’t great. That said, all strikers at boro don’t have good stats. Apart from Bamford from when we actually had a creative influence in the team of Tomlin and Gaston. 

If we sort out our creativity we will score more goals.  It amazes me how each window we fail to address this. But each season I hold out hope that this window will be our time 😂

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, tmcc said:

anyone else getting the feeling its going to be the same old boro transfer nonsense?  say we need 6/7 players, particularly pace and creativity, sign a centre back then change plan to 4/5 players, claim to be in for a couple of players and have a few offers accepted but nothing materialises. suddenly its deadline day again and weve only signed one centre back and were trying to sign 4 players on deadline day, again the club claims it was a close run think but we wernt able to get any deals over line.....

My friend stated this is how it would happen about 2 weeks ago, but i didnt believe him at the time and dismissed his pessimism.  starting to think he may have been right as im getting that nervous feeling now that its just gonna be the same old from this boro recruitment team. 

The window doesn't shut for 2 months.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The window doesn't shut for 2 months.

but  the season starts in 4 weeks, is 4 weeks enough time to get the 6 or so player we need to gel together?  

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)