oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Also just bare in mind that a lot of the "better" free agents will probably have most of the championship monitoring their situation. And likely to have offers from some of those clubs. So although we've "missed" out on Blackett so have the other clubs interested. 

Just like we signed Hall ahead of other clubs, who will look at it as if they have "missed" out on him.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

We equally enquired about Boli Bolingoli and probably numerous others too, Blackett isn't the only LB out there and frankly isn't much better than what we have got. 

Yeh no one even mentioned that name until warnock said it on talksport 

• Like 1

Brilliant graphic on Twitter regarding how many minutes our squad played in what positions last season and how long they have remaining on their contracts. It’s really not pleasant reading. 

Worth a look. 

4 minutes ago, CWC said:

Brilliant graphic on Twitter regarding how many minutes our squad played in what positions last season and how long they have remaining on their contracts. It’s really not pleasant reading. 

Worth a look. 

Says more about how *** and mismanaged we were last season tbh

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

Nothing really noteworthy that I've heard. Friend to Birmingham is already out there, but notably he is taking less money there than he was offered here. Apparently feels it is the right time to move on. I think its actually a good move for everyone even though it always stings a bit when you lose a man like George.

On separate transfer news, I've heard Villa are back in for Tammy Abraham and also trying to take Mason 

Tammy I get but Villa want Mount? I mean even with Ziyech and possibly Havartz that guy is going absolutley no where. He is probably chelseas player of season and guy who Chelsea and Frank Lampard are probably going to build they team around for next few seasons.

Villa might as well ask City for Foden and Utd for Rashford and Mason Greenwood. Either a BS rumour or villa are beyond delusional 

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Tammy I get but Villa want Mount? I mean even with Ziyech and possibly Havartz that guy is going absolutley no where. He is probably chelseas player of season and guy who Chelsea and Frank Lampard are probably going to build they team around for next few seasons.

Villa might as well ask City for Foden and Utd for Rashford and Mason Greenwood. Either a BS rumour or villa are beyond delusional 

This has always been true. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, CWC said:

Worth a look. 

So we don't have an actual RM, RW, LM, LW or CAM

Wow I wonder why we struggle to create and score, it must be the strikers

• Like 1

That is a really good use of data. It shows how many players had to fill in in different positions. Noone apart from Fry and Britt played income position all season. 

Also shows how next summer we could be even worse off squad wise. Warnock short term might just be a really short term gamble.

Regarding Tyler Blackett. I find it amusing that when we were linked with him people were very meh about him but as soon as he signs for someone else people.are having a breakdown like our entire summer transfer is a shambles. 

I think forums like these (which i love btw) do accelerate peoples impatience in constantly wanting a signing.

It then just comes to the point of wanting a signing for the sake of it just to justify the time we all spend on such forums discussing transfers. 

Just please be patient and lets not wet the bed every time a player we were vaguely linked signs for another team

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, CWC said:

Worth a look. 

I don’t think the length of contracts are correct. It says Fry and Tav both have 1 year left, but didn’t they sign long term contracts recently? Seem to remember they signed 4-5 year contracts within the last year. 

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I don’t think the length of contracts are correct. It says Fry and Tav both have 1 year left, but didn’t they sign long term contracts recently? Seem to remember they signed 4-5 year contracts within the last year. 

Most of them seem to have come from transfermarkt, as all of them except Wood's line up with that I think. Fry signed a 5 year deal in April 2018, so his goes to 2023. Tav signed a new 3.5 year deal this January, so his also ends in 2023.

2 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

As long as we have enough to stay up this season, I’d rather us assemble a “proper squad” next season when Covid has loosened up the restrictions on the market and for players. 

I think it’s naive to assume that this window we can recruit a whole new squad which is what we need. I’d rather piece together a squad over the next two seasons, whilst being competitive, and have a real go when we have got the right players in. 

The problem as the season draws closer in, is we recruit players who we didn’t fancy but felt we had to bring people in just because. We aren’t going to get promoted this season, so why rush to sign players?

However, this approach is risky with Warnock as he might not have the time to do it for 3 years with one club? This was one of my main points against Warnock. We’re now at a conundrum of needing to get players for Warnocks style, in a market that isn’t open and the quantity of players is always going to be difficult on the back of that. 

I don't expect Covid to loosen up in fact the opposite is likely to happen,It will be here for a while yet,after the last few days in the Channel there will likely to be a 2nd spike

3 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Gunter is pretty poor and hardly young. Seen him play a lot for Reading. 

Couple of Reading fans on their forum did put him down as a special mention when talking about player of the season, one of them explaining he was badly managed not that hes had a bad season so its evident they dont think hes is pretty poor. 

In terms of youth we are probably going to bring in enough youth players because we cant afford big names in general why not bring in one experienced player in might even become one of the leaders we need in the squad (bare in mind we are getting rid or losing Clayton, Ayala, Howson, Shotton, Friend and Guestede  6 senior players). 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)