oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfer thread 2020

Thought I might get the ball rolling with this thread.

Here's our first link of the summer:

Says we're interested in Abdoulaye Sissako, a defensive midfielder from Zulte Waregem in the Belgian league.

EFL have confirmed that this window will be open from July 27th to October 5th.

Transfer Activity/Rumours (as of 07/08):

SIGNED:
Grant Hall (Free Agent)

LINKED (ITK):
Jack Clarke (Spurs)
Ben Gibson (Burnley)
Tyler Blackett (Reading)
Max Kilman (Wolves)
Mike Van der Hoorn (Free Agent)
Jonathan Hogg (Free Agent)
Oliver Burke (WBA)
Rajko Purovic (FK Banat)
Rob Hulse (West Bromwich Retirement Village FC)
--
Dael Fry (Burnley, Wolves)
Lewis Wing ( Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Villa)

LINKED (MEDIA):
Abdoulaye Sissoko (Zulte Waregem)
Wesley Said (Toulouse)
Jordan Jones (Rangers)
Loic Mbe Soh (PSG)
Armand Gnanduille (Free Agent)
Moritz Leitner (Norwich)
Luke Amos (Spurs)
Adam Armstrong (Blackburn)
The Croatians (NK Bernie Slaven Belupo)
--
Paddy McNair (Stoke, Celtic)

Can we have a separate thread called ‘Boro’s Summer transfer thread- Danish edition’ for when Borodane inevitably try’s to push half of Denmark/Scandinavia on us 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Can we have a separate thread called ‘Boro’s Summer transfer thread- Danish edition’ for when Borodane inevitably try’s to push half of Denmark/Scandinavia on us 😉 

To be frank I wouldn't advocate any Danish talent to join Boro at the moment. And those with talent in the danish league will likely have better offers than a relegation threatened championship club. I have repeatedly said we should sign Mustapha Bundu though, but Boro just won't listen. 

• Like 2

Linked to Wesley Said from Toulouse.  They paid 8m Euros for him a year ago, so seems unlikely

11 minutes ago, macapes said:

Linked to Wesley Said from Toulouse.  They paid 8m Euros for him a year ago, so seems unlikely

He hasn't exactly set the world on fire there, so could be a loan.

57 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Thought I might get the ball rolling with this thread.

Here's our first link of the summer:

Says we're interested in Abdoulaye Sissako, a defensive midfielder from Zulte Waregem in the Belgian league.

Ah yes, more defensive midfielders, just what we need!

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Ah yes, more defensive midfielders, just what we need!

Ha. My exact though aswell. But we are losing Clayton and I'd happily let McNair go if we can get close to our money back. Same with Saville (which is highly unlikely).

And the last time we signed someone from Toulouse, it went so well.................

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Ha. My exact though aswell. But we are losing Clayton and I'd happily let McNair go if we can get close to our money back. Same with Saville (which is highly unlikely).

I'm not sure we have any proper "defensive" midfielders at all. Mcnair has always performed better as a box to box type and even Clayton had to modify his playing style to suit the role. 

I take it that the window has been extended for a period due to all that has gione on before?

25 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I take it that the window has been extended for a period due to all that has gione on before?

I think clubs have delayed voting on transfer window dates so i think it is a bit unknown at the moment..

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

And the last time we signed someone from Toulouse, it went so well.................

oh so apt....we show interest in a player from.... to lose

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

I think clubs have delayed voting on transfer window dates so i think it is a bit unknown at the moment..

It’s been extended to October across Europe I think. 

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It’s been extended to October across Europe I think. 

I imagine the English leagues will fall in line with this. This is the latest news from the Premier League...

'PL clubs delay vote on transfer window dates'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12024594

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I'd rather keep Saville than mcnair to be honest, I just think Saville gives us a bit more.