oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

He's been good for Forest though.

Oh yeah he's developed into a decent enough player at this level. Still looks like a new born deer on ice though

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Oh yeah he's developed into a decent enough player at this level. Still looks like a new born deer on ice though

winter bambi GIF

I hope Sammy Ameobi does come as he would improve our wings massively. He is the most Adomar like player in the championship and we have missed Adomar so much. Reckon we could pull the signing off if Forest win the playoffs like 

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I always think he looks like an American footballer with shoulder pads

36 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

But the signing we really need is a South American flair player who has the tricks to unlock a defence. But costs peanuts

I honestly think Roberts is that player. Massive if we can have him back for a full season.

How do you all feel about Warnock and transfers? 

Looking through his record he has a knack for shrewd free transfers but when he spends money they all seem to flop, £6m on Gary Madine and he never scored a goal for them in 3 seasons for example.

Hoilett, Bamba and Paterson on frees for Cardiff were excellent signings though

We have enquired about a Leeds full back today I've heard. Left footer. Cant name names but can put the above is what I've been told! I think it's actually fairly obvious.

4 minutes ago, TheJew said:

We have enquired about a Leeds full back today I've heard. Left footer. Cant name names but can put the above is what I've been told! I think it's actually fairly obvious.

Please be Barry Douglas...

1 hour ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

How do you all feel about Warnock and transfers? 

Looking through his record he has a knack for shrewd free transfers but when he spends money they all seem to flop, £6m on Gary Madine and he never scored a goal for them in 3 seasons for example.

Hoilett, Bamba and Paterson on frees for Cardiff were excellent signings though

If you look into it he hired this chief scout called Glyn Chamberlain who essentially had Warnocks trust and between the pair of them they worked on targets coincidentally I believe Cardiff parted ways after Warnock left as they cleared out his staff so if you're looking for a new face behind the scenes to replace Gary Gill that might be the guy to look out for if Warnock stays.

He also seems to contract out scouting jobs to independent scouts rather than building an inhouse on books scouting team a little unorthodox and old school but I think Warnock's capable of some shrewd budget signings which is what we'll need as we rebuild half a squad in the next couple of months. I'm open to giving him a crack I don't think we'll be throwing 4/5 million pound around on even 1 position I just hope again that he'll mix it up a bit and look to Europe for value like Mowbray/Karanka did when they had to fill out a squad on a budget.

Mendez Laing on a free as well by the way! His lower budget signings at Cardiff were excellent the Bobby Reid/Flint/Madines I question but we wont have silly money to throw around anyway. If he gets us a Mendez Laing from somewhere and a Bamba type at the back I'd be buzzing.

11 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Please be Barry Douglas...

Douglas is a garbage left back but a very good left wing back. But I also think Coulson is a good left wing back.

I dont want Douglas. If we are to sign a left back I would rather it be a propee left back who can play v well in a back 4 which Douglas struggles with.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)