oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Celtic have been in talks with man city for months about Roberts, apparently Celtic aren't sure about paying the £3,000,000 man city want for him, gibbo needs to get his cheque book out 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

It could be Bamford based on our scouting and recent square peg round hole philosophy of recent years.

I wonder what will actually happen with bamford. There's no way he will start for them looking at all the chances he has missed this season. They definitely won't put up with his conversion rate when they only create a few chances a game

I'm very excited to see what Neil does with this squad, I think there will be some surprises, rumours going round are that gibbo is willing to do some shopping this summer/autumn 

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Douglas is a garbage left back but a very good left wing back. But I also think Coulson is a good left wing back.

I dont want Douglas. If we are to sign a left back I would rather it be a propee left back who can play v well in a back 4 which Douglas struggles with.

Depends how Warnock (if it is him) wants to play, and he doesn't seem to fancy Coulson too much.

Douglas was instrumental in getting Wolves to the Premiership. Times passed since then, aye - but having him and Coulson as options at LWB would mean we were well stocked and sorted down that flank, with both able to play a more advanced midfield role too. 

I don't see any left footed FBs in the Leeds squad who are more on the defensive side of the position? 

Not in the know but, if we do stay up, then I think this summer will be a time of Gibbo investing again, especially if Warnock stays. There will be a freeing up of high wage earners; Gestede, Ayala, Shotton, Clayton plus the three year “Profitability and sustainability rules“ will hopefully have passed for us. We must get Roberts (the Championship Juninho) as our first signing, hopefully on a permanent. I agree with the Fry for Gibbo transfer if all parties are happy. We also must get a proper Centre Forward who can hold the ball up and score goals. Fletcher could be backup. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sambaDTR said:

Not in the know but, if we do stay up, then I think this summer will be a time of Gibbo investing again, especially if Warnock stays. There will be a freeing up of high wage earners; Gestede, Ayala, Shotton, Clayton plus the three year “Profitability and sustainability rules“ will hopefully have passed for us. We must get Roberts (the Championship Juninho) as our first signing, hopefully on a permanent. I agree with the Fry for Gibbo transfer if all parties are happy. We also must get a proper Centre Forward who can hold the ball up and score goals. Fletcher could be backup. 

Fletcher has to be the main man next season with someone who can hold up play, he's been one of two or three who can hold their heads high this season.

----------------Stojanovic/Pears

Spence------Fry-----------????------------????

-------------Howson--------????

Roberts*----------Tav-------------------????

----------------------Fletch

If we can add some quality additions to that team then could be a very good season for us 

Hopefully Ben Gibbo left sided CB

Defensively sound LB 

Physical presence CDM 

Goalscoring Left Winger £££

7 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

If we can add some quality additions to that team then could be a very good season for us 

Defensively sound LB  - pacey

Physical presence CDM  - Mobile CDM

Goalscoring Left Winger £££   - Reach

8 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Defensively sound LB 

Physical presence CDM 

Goalscoring Left Winger £££

I think if Warnock stays you can safely stick Saville next to Howson. I dont see us signing anymore CMs under Warnock unless we self someone even with Clayton going. Got Paddy Wing and Even Tav in reserve

51 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one, hoping to see Reach back in a Boro-shirt. With the likelihood of one, possibly two big money sales in the transfer window, let´s just hope we are in a position to spend some of the money too. I would love to see Gibson and Reach back. What do you guys reckon they would cost? If Roberts is 3, I would guess a similar fee for Reach. 

Djed Spence is increasingly being linked with a move away to the PL. What would people want for him? I think £10m or above and its a good deal (with the standard sell on clause that are inserted these days)

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Djed Spence is increasingly being linked with a move away to the PL. What would people want for him? I think £10m or above and its a good deal (with the standard sell on clause that are inserted these days)

£30m. Might aswell put a future superstar tag on a youngster lol

Just now, nunthorpered said:

I think we need some experienced heads in. Hard to do but need to import a captain 

I think Warnock agrees with you on that. A Sean Morrison type CB.

Rob Dickie of Oxford might just be that guy...

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)