oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Genuine question - not trying to have a dig, just genuinely curious.

Who was the last player we signed that you were genuinely happy about? Has there ever been one?

Now you've got me thinking about it, I reckon it might be Randolph?  I didn't have a massive problem with Mikel as such other than that I thought it was a complete waste of a signing to add another midfielder.  If you include loan signings then I had no problem with us signing Roberts albeit I didn't think he'd be some sort of saviour for us.  I mean, I was much happier with him than Morrison for example!

Howson I thought was too much money on a player who wouldn't add a great deal to us overall.  I thought we spent too much on Assombalonga as well, although I think I may have also called him a bit of a wild card signing as well because of his injury.  I can remember Humpty getting narked with me about that!  I thought we were crazy to spend £30m on him, Braithwaite and Fletcher after buying Bamford and Gestede six months earlier.  Shotton I thought was limited, Johnson I didn't know much about but thought it was a lot for a lower league winger. 

Not a fan of Flint at all (another big lad who was good from set pieces but played in a defence that was actually pretty poor).  I think my main gripe with McNair was more afterwards when Pulis hardly played him.  I thought signing Saville for £7m was laughable when we absolutely didn't need another central midfielder.  If we signed him for £3m and we were short in midfield then my opinion would have been different, but given the context of the signing, I wasn't happy. 

Not sure if I've missed any out there, can't think of any.  Obviously last summer I just thought we didn't do anywhere near enough.  I didn't know much about any of them so I don't believe I was too critical of them as signings as much as that being the sum total of what we did.  If I don't know much about a player then I usually say so in fairness, I don't try and pretend I know stuff and slag them off.  Even with some signings that I wasn't too happy with before those - like Bernardo Espinosa for example - I didn't claim to have great knowledge of the guy, I simply looked at his stats and the fact that he was still injured and thought it was a dubious move for us.  I think it's pretty rare for me to say such and such is rubbish and leave it at that.  I do try and explain my opinion.

I think our recruitment has been bad for years and what's more, so does everyone else on here.  I'm not sure how I could be happy with lots of signings while holding that opinion, and it confuses me when other people seem to get excited with every signing we make, only to start slagging them and the club off a few months later.

I should add that I'm sorry if it gets on people's nerves and it's honestly not done to be argumentative or whatever, as I know some people believe that.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

There's something about Warnock that Pulis didn't have in convincing players to pick us over others no doubt we offered a nice financial package but Warnock's off to a great start long may it continue.

Well Pulis didn’t even turn up half the time so I can’t imagine he was too invested In transfers. I guess his attitude was just ’give me some players and I’ll collect my pay cheque at the end of the month’

So it's Cardiff that have won the melee for Kieffer Moore

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-cardiff-city-set-to-beat-derby-qpr-millwall-to-sign-15-goal-assist-ace/

I would put a heavy bet on us moving for out of contract Danny Ward he doesn't seem interested in resigning with Cardiff and they're adding Moore to Glatzel and Vassell up front that is plenty for Neil Harris.

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-cardiff-city-set-to-beat-derby-qpr-millwall-to-sign-15-goal-assist-ace/

I would put a heavy bet on us moving for out of contract Danny Ward he doesn't seem interested in resigning with Cardiff and they're adding Moore to Glatzel and Vassell up front that is plenty for Neil Harris.

Not fussed on Moore.

Driving northbound up the A19 last night behind a top end blacked out Range Rover with the numberplate 'NM 9'. It turned off at the Tontine. Probably some posh person from Yarm, but i've been racking my brains for any potential players it could be?

Any ideas?

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Tiendali said:

Driving northbound up the A19 last night behind a top end blacked out Range Rover with the numberplate 'NM 9'. It turned off at the Tontine. Probably some posh person from Yarm, but i've been racking my brains for any potential players it could be?

Any ideas?

Is it time to start tracking incoming flights to Teeside airport yet 😁

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Is it time to start tracking incoming flights to Teeside airport yet 😁

I'm gunna ask my neighbours, brothers, best mates, uncles, barber who once saw Steve Gibsons daughter on a night out if he knows.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I like Danny Ward and his workrate is of a level we haven’t seen up top for a while. Inthink Warnock may want more physicality though. If he gets a physical lad in and shift Britt then I think ward would be an excellent signing.

14 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Really not fussed on Moore, would love that Puscus from reading to lead our line probably abit out of our price range. 

17 minutes ago, Tiendali said:

Any ideas?

It’s probably Maddo who wasn’t able to spell his old number 10

• Like 1

Good to get our first signing done nice and early, although I don't know a huge amount about Hall. 

I think warnock will have more pull than Woodgate to get decent players in to the club. On to the next one!

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)