oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I noticed a story about Spurs looking at signing Pizzi from Benfica. Is that the same guy we nearly signed along with Vitor when Mowbray was in charge? 

Yep

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Will said:

If Sanogo is purely back up/Plan B, would people be ok with that? I genuinely think Fletch and Britt can be prolific under Warnock, so signing a big lump to come on if it's not going our way doesn't bother me that much (see my thoughts on Gnanduillet previously).

I don't see why he would be, Britt and Fletcher havent done enough as a duo to be demanding starting places and clearly in this league playing with a dominant forward who can win you the ball is a big advantage in terms of keeping the ball higher up the pitch and getting set pieces and so on.

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I don't see why he would be, Britt and Fletcher havent done enough as a duo to be demanding starting places and clearly in this league playing with a dominant forward who can win you the ball is a big advantage in terms of keeping the ball higher up the pitch and getting set pieces and so on.

They've done an awful lot more than Sanogo has done throughout his career, including multiple spells at this level.

If he's coming in as a starter, it's a truly awful signing.

• Like 1

Britt and Fletcher have contributed to some of the Boros lowest ever goals scored per game in the last 2 seasons. If people want to go with the same again then fine. I don't see a reason for that though. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

Britt and Fletcher have contributed to some of the Boros lowest ever goals scored per game in the last 2 seasons. If people want to go with the same again then fine. I don't see a reason for that though. 

Do you think this is because of either Britt or Fletch, or is it maybe because we had back to back managers who couldn't organise anything close to a competent attack?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Will said:

They've done an awful lot more than Sanogo has done throughout his career, including multiple spells at this level.

If he's coming in as a starter, it's a truly awful signing.

Once again judging a player by stats rather than his effect on the side, we just finished barely outside the relegation zone relying on Britt and Fletcher. Maybe its about time we consider getting more goals from us across the team and how we do that rather than the stats of two individuals?

• Like 1

I’ve not seen this forum happy with any linked players yet - just fantasy ones that we don’t have a hell in hopes chance of getting! 
I think we need a good season to re-establish ourselves as a decent prospect with promotion ambitions. Last season was horrific. 

Got to say I’m jealous of Swansea though. Two very good progressive managers since relegation and they seem to be building something exciting. Both very brave appointments as well. I read that we considered Steve Cooper last season but plumped for Woodgate instead 😩

• Like 3
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Once again judging a player by stats rather than his effect on the side, we just finished barely outside the relegation zone relying on Britt and Fletcher. Maybe its about time we consider getting more goals from us across the team and how we do that rather than the stats of two individuals?

And Toulouse have just actually been relegated relying on Sanogo. Really great effect he had on that side.

• Like 1
Just now, Skinemrippers said:

I’ve not seen this forum happy with any linked players yet - just fantasy ones that we don’t have a hell in hopes chance of getting! 
I think we need a good season to re-establish ourselves as a decent prospect with promotion ambitions. Last season was horrific. 

Got to say I’m jealous of Swansea though. Two very good progressive managers since relegation and they seem to be building something exciting. Both very brave appointments as well. I read that we considered Steve Cooper last season but plumped for Woodgate instead 😩

That sums it up exactly, people seem more bothered about the names and googling stats

• Like 1

Britt was great in the run in. Fletch was standing out even in Woodgate's side earlier this season. With the right manager, no reason we can't get the best out of them. The problem we have right now is not with our strikers.

• Like 4
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)