oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

My thoughts on Sanogo is in his youth he was quite literally the standout striker in his age group in the whole of europe it's not so much his goal record that concerns me it's his injury record I feel like he's had a few bad ones.

As a player though we could do much worse there's a really talented striker in there.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

sanogo is one of them funny ones. hes crap but has the ability to be good but never is.  however every now and then one of these sorts finds the right club and is brill for them. fingers crossed its us.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

They might not be the problem but we were never going into the season with just Britt and Fletcher, we need bodies in and different options.

I would love to see Britt and Fletcher playing together and doing well but would I guarantee them as starters? no I wouldnt because they dont always do enough for the team

No, but you're talking about replacing Britt & Fletcher. Having an alternative plan is fine, but Britt and Fletcher did enough to earn the right to start the season as our top strikers IMO. Both scoring 10+ goals in a team that couldn't score for toffee is great.

I'm not even sure you can argue they don't always "do enough" for the team. Pre Warnock I might have agreed with you RE Britt, but he worked SO hard under Warnock so I'm hoping that continues.

Fletcher always works hard.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Benrahma was arguably the best player in the chamionship last season and he came for Ligue 2, Matheus Pereira came in with a poor Bundesliga record and once again was one of the best players in the league, Diédhiou from Bristol came for Ligue 2, Niclas Eliasson came from a swedish league.

None of these players had stand out stats and have done very well in the championship, this ideal that they must have a glowing record to sign for a second division club is nonsense

All of these players were signed as promising youngsters, not as experienced players who have a track record of getting poor returns. Sanogo has played in this league twice before and was *** poor. As I said, I’m happy with him as a plan B, anything more and I’m worried.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Dosnt meen that were not trying to sign players in other areas becasue were linked with a striker tho 

I never said it did. I'm just contributing to the discussion as people don't seem to think our strikers are good enough. They're fine. They're not very consistent but then we're not consistently creating chances for them either.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

No, but you're talking about replacing Britt & Fletcher. Having an alternative plan is fine, but Britt and Fletcher did enough to earn the right to start the season as our top strikers IMO. Both scoring 10+ goals in a team that couldn't score for toffee is great.

I'm not even sure you can argue they don't always "do enough" for the team. Pre Warnock I might have agreed with you RE Britt, but he worked SO hard under Warnock so I'm hoping that continues.

Fletcher always works hard.

I wasnt talking about replacing anyone, the question was can I see him starting and yes we should be open to different options up front

22 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Do people really think we'd have scored more the past 2 seasons with different strikers even though we have/had the most uninspiring attacking midfield and winger options in the entire league?

Good job we had a chance to let one of those wingers go on a free and didn't offer him a new contract so we could look elsewhere! Oh...

21 minutes ago, Will said:

Yes the top flight French side, have you watched any of the french league outside the top 4? It's *** horrendous.

Sanogo contributed to a huge 22 total goals scored by Toulouse last year, lowest in the division by a long way. For context, Britt and Fletch got the same amount between them last season as the entire Toulouse side.

You don't want French football, that is obvious. It can be a physical league at times but there is plenty of quality in all Ligue 1 teams.

France has the best talent out of all nations and the majority start out in Ligue 1/2. Farmers league stereotype is just from people who don't watch French football.

That being said, he did play for Toulouse who were absolutely god awful last year, it's easy to blame his goal record but that Toulouse team was one of the worst to play in Ligue 1 for about 10 years. I agree that I don't want him to be our main striker but as a 3rd option it's low risk.

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Surely everyone can agree we need players in across the squad too? and as Gestede showed last year in the Preston game, in some games in this league a big striker soaking up the ball in the opposition half can be a big advantage.

true. And I think sanogo has the potential to be better than gestede (not difficult to be fair) so I'm okay with this if its on a low wage and fee so we can focus on the creativity in the side.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Good job we had a chance to let one of those wingers go on a free and didn't offer him a new contract so we could look elsewhere! Oh...

Your Marvin Johnson hate is really odd. He was fine. He's a squad player. Absolutely no reason we still can't look elsewhere and find better.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Weasel said:

You don't want French football, that is obvious. It can be a physical league at times but there is plenty of quality in all Ligue 1 teams.

I watch enough to know that the talent in the teams at the bottom isn't significantly better than the championship.

2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

France has the best talent out of all nations and the majority start out in Ligue 1/2. Farmers league stereotype is just from people who don't watch French football.

Best talent pool is irrelevant, Sanogo isn't a young unknown player.

4 minutes ago, Weasel said:

That being said, he did play for Toulouse who were absolutely god awful last year, it's easy to blame his goal record but that Toulouse team was one of the worst to play in Ligue 1 for about 10 years. I agree that I don't want him to be our main striker but as a 3rd option it's low risk.

I'd be absolutely fine with this, he's a good option and from what I remember reasonably tidy with his feet. As a plan B I actually like the signing, as our starting striker I'd be worried. 

• Like 3

Just done a quick look at it appears Sanogo is what a 1 in 5 striker over his career.

12 goals and 1 assist in the last three seasons (63 games) and in his 30 games in England he's scored 1 goal. 

Struggling to get excited by this. 

It's a body in the door I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)