oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yes, we already know we're linked with Sol Bamba.

As an aside, the Hartlepool Mail's transfer gossip format is horrific, done deliberately to ensure maximum clicks per article.

Yeah. Looks a bit dodgy. But thnx for the info

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

And yet despite Fletchers fantastic leading of the line we were the league’s lowest scorers? Interesting outlook. Nevertheless we all see things a little differently. As for Pulis, we had the best defence in the league in his full season. People can state their intense dislike of the man but to deny that takes a degree of organisation is just blinkered denial.

You know, if most players stood on the line next to the goalie, that could also be considered organisation and it would probably stop the majority of goals going in, I'm surprised Pulis never adapted to that to be honest. Karanka managed to concede even less goals than Pulis' first full season in both his full Championship seasons and yet we also managed to maintain an extra 23/24 positive goal difference vs. Pulis.

And good work on reducing the entirety of our attacking inefficiencies this season onto a single player. 👍

• Like 5
17 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Quote from the Rajko Purovis article 

"So I made a couple of new accounts and started talking to myself via them" 

CT, is this where you got the idea from? 😄❤️

I'm defenceless against this onslaught now that I'm nice and won't fight back.  I'm like Gandhi really 🙏

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Z3man said:
15 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Was he one of them that got banned by the club?

I thought you would already know that Mr Vickers.😁

Don't tell anyone but it was me that grassed them up to Steve 🤫

hahahahahhahaha

hahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahah

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You know, if most players stood on the line next to the goalie, that could also be considered organisation and it would probably stop the majority of goals going in, I'm surprised Pulis never adapted to that to be honest. Karanka managed to concede even less goals than Pulis' first full season in both his full Championship seasons and yet we also managed to maintain an extra 23/24 positive goal difference vs. Pulis.

And good work on reducing the entirety of our attacking inefficiencies this season onto a single player. 👍

A little bit more denial @wilsoncgp. I have mentioned Britt as well as the 3 midfielders, so not just 1 player. Again, even if it was as you say that everyone stood on the line it would need organising. It wasnt like that though.

Is Sanogo worse value for money than Gestede or Nmecha?

Neither of the latter two proved to be of value contributing very little. I have no idea how much of Nmecha's salary we were paying but it didn't bear much fruit. I won't even pass comment on the other "Striker". Its one injury prone French Striker out and another injury prone French Striker in but at a hugely reduced cost which in the current climate makes a lot of sense.

At 27 he may have a resale value at some future point with the potential that like Britt and Fletcher Warnock might be able to restore his mojo. If he arrives at least we know it won't be because of grossly overpaying for him.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Neither of the latter two proved to be of value contributing very little. I have no idea how much of Nmecha's salary we were paying but it didn't bear much fruit. I won't even pass comment on the other "Striker". Its one injury prone French Striker out and another injury prone French Striker in but at a hugely reduced cost which in the current climate makes a lot of sense.

At 27 he may have a resale value at some future point with the potential that like Britt and Fletcher Warnock might be able to restore his mojo. If he arrives at least we know it won't be because of grossly overpaying for him.

no one is worse value for money than Gestede, literally not possible.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

A little bit more denial @wilsoncgp. I have mentioned Britt as well as the 3 midfielders, so not just 1 player. Again, even if it was as you say that everyone stood on the line it would need organising. It wasnt like that though.

Tbf playing 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 with 4/5 Centre Midfielders in the same starting 11 is a close as you can get to putting 11 men on the line 

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Tbf playing 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 with 4/5 Centre Midfielders in the same starting 11 is a close as you can get to putting 11 men on the line 

Yes, but it still needs organising.

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

4 CB, 5 CM. 

200.gif

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

You literally said:

41 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

And yet despite Fletchers fantastic leading of the line we were the league’s lowest scorers?

If that's not blaming Fletcher for us not scoring goals, I honestly don't know what is.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I feel like, even given how poor we were last season, we shouldn't be judging players on whether they are worse value for money than Gestede and Nmecha.  That seems like a fairly low bar to set in my opinion.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You literally said:

If that's not blaming Fletcher for us not scoring goals, I honestly don't know what is.

Are you bored? Picking out a sentence out of the 3 or 4 replies I have made to base your argument  on. I have replied to you a couple of times and mentioned Britt and the midfield. Denial again? Or maybe just forgetful.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)