oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

"The travelling squad includes summer signing Grant Hall, and youngsters Nathan Wood, Stephen Walker, Sam Folarin, and Sam Stubbs are all in Cornwall for the week."

Interesting to see Folarin involved. Didnt look like he played in the u23 game at the weekend judging by the photos released

Bloody hell, even when it's *** down, there's Britt with his smiley face 👍

image.png.31c035bc7037dbb35d0bd7b7dcee708f.png

"I really can't stand this bloody weather!"

• Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Will said:

I'm really hoping that whatever we agree to (I struggle to see him dropping below £15k p/w tbh) it's heavily linked to appearances. Like 50% of the total wage being based on starting games or at least coming on. Let's hope the master negotiators down at Rockliffe know that he's really quite injury prone.

Yeah something like that would be handy from our perspective 👍

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

"Oh no I've missed a chance and im smiling better not go on one boro"

I wonder if he's one of the players who come on here?  And he sits there reading all of the posts slagging him off but he's still got a big grin on his face.  However, there is one lone tear just slowly sliding down his face, which is the only way you can tell that he's proper devastated inside 😢

Stay strong Britt ❤️

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Lies, damned lies and statistics, as the saying goes.  
yes we’ve cut wages a lot since then. But we’ve also had income cut drastically - this was second year of parachute payments wasn’t it?  £35m of our income, or over 60% of it. So really the figures are meaningless as far as comparing us with some of the others. 

Using our latest accounts our turnover was £55,643,000.
If you take the final £35 Million parachute payment off of the broadcasting income and I assume the price of football guy has omitted the matchday revenue too. That drops our turnover to £14,568,000.

Our Wage bill was (in the latest accounts) £40,125,000.
If you assume that the Gazette's figures regarding the wage bill at the start of this season are correct, the wage bill is allegedly sat at £22 Million. Which would give us a wages to income figure of 151% not the 81% as stated above. 
Admittedly we have since reduced that wage bill significantly.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Using our latest accounts our turnover was £55,643,000.
If you take the final £35 Million parachute payment off of the broadcasting income and I assume the price of football guy has omitted the matchday revenue too. That drops our turnover to £14,568,000.

Our Wage bill was (in the latest accounts) £40,125,000.
If you assume that the Gazette's figures regarding the wage bill at the start of this season are correct, the wage bill is allegedly sat at £22 Million. Which would give us a wages to income figure of 151% not the 81% as stated above. 
Admittedly we have since reduced that wage bill significantly.

Friend, Ayala, Clayton and Shotton might be £4m ish off the wages 

Wasn't gestede on around 30k a week according to someone as well that's 1.5m a year 

DCMS has confirmed to Sky Sports News that players arriving into the UK for transfers - from countries not in a travel corridor - will have to quarantine for 14 days.

Does that mean Sanogo is basically missing our whole pre season if he signs?

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

you'd like to thing clubs could get people tested to get them out of quarantine. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Friend, Ayala, Clayton and Shotton might be £4m ish off the wages 

Wasn't gestede on around 30k a week according to someone as well that's 1.5m a year 

Randolph, Gestede, Ayala, Friend, Clayton and Shotton have all gone plus the 4 loanees. I reckon that's between £6 Million - £8 Million freed up in wages. Either way last season and this coming season we aren't close to the 81%.

5 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

According to Keith Downie he visited the training ground last week so he may already be in the country.

Just now, Smogzilla said:

According to Keith Downie he visited the training ground last week so he may already be in the country.

Here's hoping he stayed in the country because he hasn't played football for nearly 5 months and with his injury record it would be one hell of a risk for him to have no kind of pre season under his belt.

I agree with the testing point, let clubs pay for as many tests as they want shorten the quarantine to 5 days and if every test comes back negative the government should let it proceed. Quite alot of Europe is non travel corridor a mandatory 14 day quarantine at this stage just seems to complicate alot of prospective transfers.

6 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Britt was great in the run in. Fletch was standing out even in Woodgate's side earlier this season. With the right manager, no reason we can't get the best out of them. The problem we have right now is not with our strikers.

This.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)