oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

How many previous managers are now having the same problem, they seem fine being able to get the players up here even staying over so i dont see the 'club or area as the problem' only my view but its got to be when they sit down to negotiate, if going by what we are led to believe we have healthy wage budget to use so maybe the main issue is the agent fees and we know how gibson feels about these. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BG93 said:

How many previous managers are now having the same problem, they seem fine being able to get the players up here even staying over so i dont see the 'club or area as the problem' only my view but its got to be when they sit down to negotiate, if going by what we are led to believe we have healthy wage budget to use so maybe the main issue is the agent fees and we know how gibson feels about these. 

This is my feeling as well. From what Warnock has said though the agents and players are living in cloud cuckoo land. Obviously he has got to put a positive spin on it but to be fair I don't see all these players we've "missed out on" rocking up anywhere else on huge bumper contracts (except Sheff Wed apparently...). There are loads of free agents around that seem to be struggling to get signed as well. They don't seem to realise we are in COVID times and everyone is going to be cautious with their money.

Give it some time, things will start moving towards the end of the window. Just hopefully they'll start moving for us too.

I read an article this am stating numerous clubs in the championship are facing bankruptcy due to HMRC demanding their deferred tax. This amounts to 4-5million per club. This is bound to have an impact on our recruitment I would have thought. If HMRC are going to push this I am sure there will be bargains to be had later in the window if we are in a position to add to our costs. After reading that I am more resigned to having to wait. 

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It doesn't sound like we are still negotiating, it sounds like it's only the medical left 

People have been saying that he's been due for/doing his medical for days.

Not that I'd expect him to play against Watford, he'll be very short of match fitness with the amount of time he's had off.

FootballInsider have been a step ahead of our locals this summer they broke our Morsy interest and Sanogo talks so if someone's told them he's set for a medical Thursday evening I'm inclined to believe it.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

People have been saying that he's been due for/doing his medical for days.

Not that I'd expect him to play against Watford, he'll be very short of match fitness with the amount of time he's had off.

Sanogo was in for Tuesday definitely, and heard nothing since 

Frustrating the press didn’t ask about Sanogo, as people have mentioned footyinsider have been one step ahead of everyone else so was hoping for a bit of positive news on him as well as Bettinelli.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)