oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

12 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Well no interest in Roberts because he said if we sign wingers he'll need to sign 2 new full backs as well and with the budget he has it doesn't make sense to prioritise new fullbacks/wingers.

Personally I think he's absolutely right I'm not thrilled with our wingbacks but this formation has turned Dijksteel into an absolute monster I think the system isn't our problem no need to throw it all out after 1 game.

He’d just need one fullback, Dijksteel can play RB. I’m disappointed he’s sticking so solidly to the wingback idea, it relies so heavily on Spence and Johnson and they’re way too inconsistent. Coulson is good competition on the left but Spence looks lost at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

He’d just need one fullback, Dijksteel can play RB. I’m disappointed he’s sticking so solidly to the wingback idea, it relies so heavily on Spence and Johnson and they’re way too inconsistent. Coulson is good competition on the left but Spence looks lost at the moment. 

Totally agree, signing a left back is crucial. 

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

GK: Bettinelli - He needs to get minutes and  good coomunication with the defense.

CD:  Fry - Needs game time. I would like him to take off the gloves and add a little wildness to his game. He is too passive at times. 

CD: Hall - Needs game time. I think he is just rusty and that there is a quality player in there.

CD: Wood - Young Nathan needs this chance to shine and make his way in to the first team.

RWB: - Spence - Up your game son, or get dropped .. 

LWB: Bola - we haven't seen him play for a while, and he needs to show what he can do.

CM: Morsy - We all want to see what he can do!

AM: Wing - Want to see him in a  free roaming role, in position do fire the canon!

RF:  Folarin - Again one of those players we want to see find his feet and become a first team regular.

ST: Walker - This is now, young lad .. Score a goal or two, to nail down that position as back up striker.

LF: Coulson -  I like Hayden so much, and I want to see his merauding runs again and again; don't be scared, son!

what i would go for - outside chance of Malley, Liddle and Jones getting some game time

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

what i would go for - outside chance of Malley, Liddle and Jones getting some game time

I posted in the wrong, thread .. I moved it to the Barnsley thread 😉

Let's talk there

• Like 1

I would take what Warnock says with a pinch of salt during this transfer window. I doubt he is going to come right out and say "I want X, Y and Z" as when he enquires about them the price will be set in stone.

When I go to buy a car I know exactly what I want and what I'm going to look at but I never walk onto the forecourt and home straight in on the low mileage sports saloon with German Engineering that I just drove for three hours to look at. I always mooch about looking at similarish cars and when the beeming salesman (pun intended) comes out to strike up a conversation I tell him the type of thing I'm looking for and we look at one or two and walk past the one that I really want exclaiming "that looks nice if only".

The bait is inevitably taken up when I pause and say "it looks lovely but far too rich for my blood", look at a few more and dismiss them due to colour, alloys, mileage or furry dice and as I'm about to give in I get "well what about the one that you really like?" "sorry mate I'd love it but its way out of my League". "What if I could get you some discount and see if we can do a deal" "Hmmm not sure but it won't hurt I suppose". Now he's thinking I'm going to take out his finance deal and shaft me that way but I already have my finance in place but nicely if his Manager can match the interest and terms after the price has already been slashed then he has a deal. I get what I want, he gets a sale and I save thousands in the process.

Its already been mentioned on here that since Warnock has come in getting insider info is almost impossible. With decades of experience in wheeling and dealing he knows to keep his cards close to his chest and not to declare his hand. If he came out and declared what he desperately needed and then enquires about the same the selling club are going to play hard ball knowing he desires something they have. The players agent is going to do the exact same thing in contract discussions. Give the impression that it's not what you are really looking for but he's a decent lad and willing to give him an opportunity and the power is in the buyers hands.

Similarly bigging up your most expensive asset and even making him Club Captain just in case an offer is forthcoming is a far better negotiating base point than demoralising and devaluing your stock like the one who sold Bamford and spent the money on Saville while saving Steve millions allegedly.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Head in my hands after that interview. We're not going to get any pace or creativity. Again. He wants more strikers to change things. Sounds like route one football for another season. We might aswell just bypass the midfield as Tav is the only player with a bit of flair. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Head in my hands after that interview. We're not going to get any pace or creativity. Again. He wants more strikers to change things. Sounds like route one football for another season. We might aswell just bypass the midfield as Tav is the only player with a bit of flair. 

It’s all smoke and mirrors at the moment, I wouldn’t despair too much. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It’s all smoke and mirrors at the moment, I wouldn’t despair too much. 

I really hope you are right Billy, because that interview was deflating to say the least.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I would take what Warnock says with a pinch of salt during this transfer window. I doubt he is going to come right out and say "I want X, Y and Z" as when he enquires about them the price will be set in stone.

When I go to buy a car I know exactly what I want and what I'm going to look at but I never walk onto the forecourt and home straight in on the low mileage sports saloon with German Engineering that I just drove for three hours to look at. I always mooch about looking at similarish cars and when the beeming salesman (pun intended) comes out to strike up a conversation I tell him the type of thing I'm looking for and we look at one or two and walk past the one that I really want exclaiming "that looks nice if only".

The bait is inevitably taken up when I pause and say "it looks lovely but far too rich for my blood", look at a few more and dismiss them due to colour, alloys, mileage or furry dice and as I'm about to give in I get "well what about the one that you really like?" "sorry mate I'd love it but its way out of my League". "What if I could get you some discount and see if we can do a deal" "Hmmm not sure but it won't hurt I suppose". Now he's thinking I'm going to take out his finance deal and shaft me that way but I already have my finance in place but nicely if his Manager can match the interest and terms after the price has already been slashed then he has a deal. I get what I want, he gets a sale and I save thousands in the process.

Its already been mentioned on here that since Warnock has come in getting insider info is almost impossible. With decades of experience in wheeling and dealing he knows to keep his cards close to his chest and not to declare his hand. If he came out and declared what he desperately needed and then enquires about the same the selling club are going to play hard ball knowing he desires something they have. The players agent is going to do the exact same thing in contract discussions. Give the impression that it's not what you are really looking for but he's a decent lad and willing to give him an opportunity and the power is in the buyers hands.

Similarly bigging up your most expensive asset and even making him Club Captain just in case an offer is forthcoming is a far better negotiating base point than demoralising and devaluing your stock like the one who sold Bamford and spent the money on Saville while saving Steve millions allegedly.

You should be writing for the Gazette again 😜

• Haha 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)