oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Because we need at least 5 sihnings not 2-3. If either Blackwell or Warnock think that is going to sort our problems, then they are both deluded. I understand it might be down to the lack of money but its a fact.

Isn't it just as delusional to think we are going to get 5 in?

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’ve seen the wing back system played well, Chelsea being the main example. When you watched that team Alonso and Moses were causing problems for 90 minutes, our wingbacks simply aren’t good enough to make the system effective.

I mean this is a problem. But not the biggest problem looking at the first couple of games. The problem is the mentality. 352 can be very attractive to watch but our manager doesn't know how to make that happen regardless of how good the wingbacks are. I dont like Johnson but he's not exactly being given a chance being asked to provide our width when his starting position is deep and our passing style is long diagonals into the channel. The man isn't the flash, he can't make up 60 yards in 3 seconds. 

22 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

it would, but the club have to be able to afford 5 of good enough quality.

Maybe not. But it wouldn’t disrupt anything. It would just make us a lot stronger. Unfortunately we are shambles behind the scenes so it won’t happen. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Maybe not. But it wouldn’t disrupt anything. It would just make us a lot stronger. Unfortunately we are shambles behind the scenes so it won’t happen. 

it would disrupt it, but hopefully for the good

Flipside of the doom and gloom is, if you assume Akpom comes in, Warnock clearly has a guy in mind to loan as the last striker he's gave us attributes and age profile on him then there's still some fringe Prem CBs on low wages like Nat Phillips available that's 3 spots right there.

Then hopefully a creative midfielder from somewhere we'd have 4 in then we all have to pray we have 2 wingbacks in the club already that can step up.

36 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Marvin Johnson is going to play every game for us this season isn't he....😪

if he gets a goal and assist in every game, then all good 🤣

just realised this was the cup game

Edited by Mr_Maz
  • Confused 1
Just now, Dan1234 said:

Marvin Johnson is going to play every game for us this season isn't he....😪

Got to be the most average player I’ve heard a manager constantly talk up. 

Get the style right, Spence & Coulson are promising attacking wing backs.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I never said I thought we would. I said that is what we needed.

There's hardly any point in a manager or assistant manager saying they need 5 in, knowing fine well they will get 2-3 at most. They gain nothing but annoyed fans and a squad who have been told they're not good enough

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

There's hardly any point in a manager or assistant manager saying they need 5 in, knowing fine well they will get 2-3 at most. They gain nothing but annoyed fans and a squad who have been told they're not good enough

They're gaining annoyed fans as it is!!!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I wonder what the goals and assists are for our wing backs since Warnock came in?

Johnson gets such a hard time on here. 

In the 9 league games Warnock has been in charge, our wingbacks have the grand total of 0 goals and 1 assist.

• Like 1