oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 2plus2 said:

Assuming we stick with 5-3-2, which is absolutely inivtable - I wonder if it's Warnock's intention to play 2 'creative' midfielders behind the 2 strikers, with Morsy as the pivot. As oppose to Morsey being 1 of 2 primarily defensive CMs and a #10 making up the 3.

Tav, Browne, new AM - and, very much a push to call either traditionally creative, but also Wing and Saville - making up a 5 competing for 2 'creative' spots. With Howson very much the utility man to plug gaps / Morsy's back-up, as oppose to start.

I could get behind that more than 2 out-n-out defensive CMs in this system.

Don't think we have to stick with 532 to be honest 

523 {343} is also an option with what we have. 

• Like 1

I’m looking forward to seeing akpom, sounds like he will add something we haven’t had in the team for years. He will sit deeper and allow Britt to move further up and play his more natural game. When I first seen we had bid for akpom I admit I was surprised but now I’ve looked closer it makes sense.

For those of you who have not seen this lad play, I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised. A really good signing at a reasonable price, now let’s work on changing our plodding midfield to give our strikers a chance

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I’m looking forward to seeing akpom, sounds like he will add something we haven’t had in the team for years. He will sit deeper and allow Britt to move further up and play his more natural game. When I first seen we had bid for akpom I admit I was surprised but now I’ve looked closer it makes sense.

He'll suffer from a lot of neck injuries in that case as he watches the ball sailing over his head over and over again.

3 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Hopefully we can get a playmaker from Europe. 

24 hours later, somewhere in Rockliffe, Neil Bausor arrives looking rather pleased with himself.

image.png.621b57e7bebfa85e30950ff0e1a6e920.png

It wasn't easy but I got what you wanted fellas 

image.png.b72a062f969197006d290fc1c8b57714.png

It's purple and everything!

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He'll suffer from a lot of neck injuries in that case as he watches the ball sailing over his head over and over again.

I imagine he will be the target of the long balls so maybe more head injuries than neck.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Are we actually a long ball side though? 9th highest in the league according to who scored, less than Birmingham and Karanka ball

9th for Long passes but 20th for short passes. 14th for average possession and 5th for aerial duels won. I'd say those metrics probably point to us being a long ball team.

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

9th for Long passes but 20th for short passes. 14th for average possession and 5th for aerial duels won. I'd say those metrics probably point to us being a long ball team.

Obviously as more games are played this season that may change. 

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'd say it suggests we are not a passing side but the long ball stats don't lie, we just tend to not have possession as much as other sides

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I'd say it suggests we are not a passing side but the long ball stats don't lie, we just tend to not have possession as much as other sides

True, you could argue that because we have less possession we aren't able to make as many long passes as we'd like perhaps. I'll have a look and see if you can see "Total" long passes rather than per game. Can then work out a %