oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Keep the bang average older players ✔️

Sell the younger lads with potential ✔️

Appoint pensioner as manager ✔️

Maintain a completely short term outlook ✔️

If that doesn't solve our problems then I don't know what will 👍

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Looks like the next big defender coming out of the danish league is Sebastian Hausner. 19 years old and looks so classy. Similar size to Fry but much quicker. Good footballing brain too. One to keep an eye on for any club who wants to invest in future stars. Plays for his hometown club though so will need a good move to be priced away. Other players we could realistically look at is Casper Højer who plays left back and Mustapha Bundu who plays right wing. Højer could be available at around 2-2,5 million pounds and Bundu at about 3,5. I watch these players every week as they play for my team here, and they are definitely good enough for the championship and certainly much better than what we currently have. 

Ehfeuro GIF by EHF

iron man eye roll GIF

• Haha 2

cant really see Spence leaving just yet, hes only played  20 games in his whole career so will hardly enough experience to walk into a prem squad. Even if one is interested in signing him, is he really going to leave to us to at best warm the bench of a prem side and more likely play in reserves? personally i doubt it. He's popular with warnock already and might be willing to stay for a season to get first team experience which he's pretty much guaranteed at Boro. 
If he was to leave i sure he would command a decent fee, not cause hes looked anything amazing but because hes english and young which always adds millions to the price. Also, after 2 years of balancing the books, we dont need to sell, which adds to the price and the fact that its in an area where were short on players again adding to his price tag. 
in the event that he does leave it would probably be with a loan back option for a season. But really with 20 games experience its a huge gamble which i think few prem clubs are gonna take. 

Edited by tmcc
10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Ehfeuro GIF by EHF

iron man eye roll GIF

I’m just doing it these days as I know it doesn’t fit with your fear of foreign footballers. What we need is definitely more overpaid british aaaard working cloggers. How about a handful of 30+ year old CMs from lower league?

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Pretty sure there were add-ons for the Forshaw & Bamford deals so at least we'll make some money from Leeds going up and can add to the kitty. 

Yep. Definitely remember reading Bamford was £7m rising to £10m based on incentives. I assume appearances, goals and promotion were what made up other £3m.

I dont think Bamford gets much game time if Leeds go up. Fully expect them to sign 2 strikers.

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yep. Definitely remember reading Bamford was £7m rising to £10m based on incentives. I assume appearances, goals and promotion were what made up other £3m.

I dont think Bamford gets much game time if Leeds go up. Fully expect them to sign 2 strikers.

I don't know whether it would factor into the potential kitty or not but  we didn't apparently see any of the initial 7m for at least a year after we made the sale, so receiving that PLUS any bonuses for going up could boost it tremendously.

Am I right in thinking that the last FFP cycle for us has ended and we are able to reinvest again? 
With players leaving surely if we get people on sensible contracts We should be able to spread it into a good team?

My concern is what vision they have for the squad they assemble. I agree with everyone who’s so far said that they don’t have confidence in us doing this. 

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Am I right in thinking that the last FFP cycle for us has ended and we are able to reinvest again? 

There is no 3 year cycle. It is a 3 year rolling period.

So the figures from our first season back in the Championship, are no longer being used in the current 3 year period. So we may have some leeway, but I suspect the loss of TV money (£35 Million) this season may on the other hand hamper us.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

This is what I mean by a "3 year rolling period".

Screenshot_20200716-214931_Excel.jpg

That’s what I meant, apologies mlord for the wrong terminology. I hope it does give us some more leeway, but I think not having big earners will give us some good wiggle room. 

• Like 1

Could Mike Van Der Hoorn of Swansea be type of CB leader Warnock wants? Dont think he staying at Swansea unless they go up as they cant afford to offer him a new deal in championship.

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

That’s what I meant, apologies mlord for the wrong terminology. I hope it does give us some more leeway, but I think not having big earners will give us some good wiggle room. 

I'm no lord mlord. 

We should have more wiggle room, due to the high earners leaving in the summer (2019). I'd like to see the accounts for 2019/20 now, but annoyingly we'll have to wait until we file them!

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)