oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

We absolutely need to extend Fletchers contract. He is turning into a very good championship striker. That header at reading was top class. Another season or better like this one and his value will be around what we paid for him. Britt on the other hand needs to go if we can’t get him on a new and cheaper contract. But why would he sign a lesser contract? We can hope that Celtic well Eduard and renew their apparent interest but in any case we are not getting more than 5 million for him. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

How much would it cost to replace Britt? If we can afford to keep him for one season and get him tied down I'd be all for it. Can't see it tho. We need the money 

We need his wages gone. He is not the sort of striker we need now. To keep him would not help us to progress. The problem is we might be lucky to find a buyer and he ends up going for nothing at the end of next season.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

How much would it cost to replace Britt? If we can afford to keep him for one season and get him tied down I'd be all for it. Can't see it tho. We need the money 

Impossible to say. With luck you could probably find a very cheap replacement but you could also be unlucky and overpay massively again. But he was never a 15 million pound player on 40k a week. More like half. 

If Warnock stays then Britt won't leave. Warnock went all out to buy Britt for Cardiff in the January transfer window when they were in premiership and offered us Madine in exchange plus money. Pulis gave the nod for it to happen to Gibson put a block on it.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We absolutely need to extend Fletchers contract. He is turning into a very good championship striker. That header at reading was top class. Another season or better like this one and his value will be around what we paid for him. Britt on the other hand needs to go if we can’t get him on a new and cheaper contract. But why would he sign a lesser contract? We can hope that Celtic well Eduard and renew their apparent interest but in any case we are not getting more than 5 million for him. 

He's great at those flick on headers isn't he - slight touch that keeps all the pace of the cross on it. Feel like's scored a few of those for us.

8 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

If Warnock stays then Britt won't leave. Warnock went all out to buy Britt for Cardiff in the January transfer window when they were in premiership and offered us Madine in exchange plus money. Pulis gave the nod for it to happen to Gibson put a block on it.

Warnock said that he felt we needed a different type of striker. He didnt say strikers, so that may mean he intends to continue with Assombalonga and Fletcher. If so i will support him, but i am fed up with Assombalonga and his cheesy grins after he has missed a chance, which happens to often to be fair!

• Confused 2
6 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Warnock said that he felt we needed a different type of striker. He didnt say strikers, so that may mean he intends to continue with Assombalonga and Fletcher. If so i will support him, but i am fed up with Assombalonga and his cheesy grins after he has missed a chance, which happens to often to be fair!

ryan reynolds eye roll GIF

I still think this is one of the strangest gripes with a football player ever. People make it out like he's happy to miss chances to score.

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Oh I definitely agree with you. I am not Britt's biggest fan either and he's been a complete waste of money but I think we haven't played to his strengths during his time here either.

We isolate him and use him as a target man which isn't his strengths. He's a poacher and a nuisance. 

What annoys me with Britt's play especially under Pulis was he never split the defenders with his running and he never ran into the channels. People said that was Pulis tactics but he was the same at P'Boro and Forest.

I'd like to see him given a run in the team with Fletcher or someone alongside him on a constant basis and to do that unfortunately as a result it will probably mean we have to go solid full backs who don't really push forward. (Like Gunter).

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

ryan reynolds eye roll GIF

I still think this is one of the strangest gripes with a football player ever. People make it out like he's happy to miss chances to score.

It just gives the impression that he doesnt understand the situation at times. How many other strikers do you see stood with big beaming smiles on their faces when they miss a chance.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Oh I definitely agree with you. I am not Britt's biggest fan either and he's been a complete waste of money but I think we haven't played to his strengths during his time here either.

We isolate him and use him as a target man which isn't his strengths. He's a poacher and a nuisance. 

What annoys me with Britt's play especially under Pulis was he never split the defenders with his running and he never ran into the channels. People said that was Pulis tactics but he was the same at P'Boro and Forest.

I'd like to see him given a run in the team with Fletcher or someone alongside him on a constant basis and to do that unfortunately as a result it will probably mean we have to go solid full backs who don't really push forward. (Like Gunter).

I totally agree with yo. If we keep him we have to find some way of getting more out of him. I have a feeling though that he will stay and not sign an extension, then leave with us 15m down.

1 hour ago, thatoldchestnut said:

It just gives the impression that he doesnt understand the situation at times. How many other strikers do you see stood with big beaming smiles on their faces when they miss a chance.

I've seen numerous strikers smile when they miss a chance. I'm pretty sure some of the best strikers in the world will sometimes smile when they miss chances. Do you think City fans care if Aguero smiles when he misses a chance? God forbid Cristiano Ronaldo ever looked anything but an absolute misery guts when he misses one. It's such a crap thing to judge a player on, IMO.

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've seen numerous strikers smile when they miss a chance. I'm pretty sure some of the best strikers in the world will sometimes smile when they miss 😀chances. Do you think City fans care if Aguero smiles when he misses a chance? God forbid Cristiano Ronaldo ever looked anything but an absolute misery guts when he misses one. It's such a crap thing to judge a player on, IMO.

I dont judge him on that alone, but it is damned irritating. What I do judge him on however is that for a 15 million pound striker he is crap. Now that irritates me more than his smiling!!😀

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I dont judge him on that alone, but it is damned irritating. What I do judge him on however is that for a 15 million pound striker he is crap. Now that irritates me more than his smiling!!😀

That's fine 😁 I don't think you'd find many Boro fans who think he's been worth half that price, to be honest. Certainly not with the wage on top of it, too. I do think he's done better since Warnock came in though, certainly looked stronger.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)