oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Deadline Day - super mega ultra extra time

I think that Shane Duffy is possibly out of contract at Brighton. He would be a good addition as a Warnock Centre Half

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I think that Shane Duffy is possibly out of contract at Brighton. He would be a good addition as a Warnock Centre Half

Contract shows as being until 2023

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Contract shows as being until 2023

Ok he must have renewed. He signed a four year deal in 2016 so I thought it was up this year. 

• Like 1

@Blanco happily take Duffy if he was available. Good defender.

I think if Gibson comes him and Fry at CB would be a good pairing.

We then need to replace Shotton who will leave given he wants to go back to Midlands and widely reported to be on a good wage. I think Friend will be the 4th CB at the club.

Warnock strikes me as someone who might offer Richard Keogh a lifeline. Keogh is 34 next month but ticks all the boxes of what Warnock wants in a defender. Would not hugely surprise me if Warnock offered him a 12 month deal to be back up tp Fry and Gibson / a experienced leader amongst the team

• Like 1

I also wouldn’t want us to sign Keogh. A solid defender in his day, but past his prime and with his bad knee injury he’s going to be a liability. 

Am I the only one not bothered about Gibson coming back? Don't think he's looked half the defender outside of AK's system.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Am I the only one not bothered about Gibson coming back? Don't think he's looked half the defender outside of AK's system.

Not at all. I think he would be too expensive too. But if it doesn’t take away money from the transfer and wage budget the id happily take him though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

He’s no finished, he’s only 28

He’s turning 34 in August. I wouldn’t even have had him in his prime. 

7 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

He’s no finished, he’s only 28

He’s 33/34

10 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Duffy - No thank you

Keogh - No no no no no NO!

I would take Duffy but not Keogh

• Like 1

I like us to have a look at Rob Dickie from Oxford, 24 year old no nonsense center back who's contract ends 2021, I think he'd be a real good signing and definitely fits our transfer strategy

I’d like us not to look at lower league players this summer if we want to strengthen the first team. 

• Like 1