oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Tobermory Whitby said:

For the last 6 years Kane has scored 21, 25, 29, 30, 17 and 18 league goals a season.  I don't understand the comparison at all.  In the same period Sanogo has scored 0, 3, 0, 6, 3 and 3 league goals.

I'm confused by this point, i'm just saying that Harry Kane struggled and with time given, he's settled into the club and become a great goal scorer. How do you know Sanogo wouldn't sign for Middlesbrough and score goals? unlikely of course but can only judge when he puts on the red and white shirt haha

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Mejias to Dinamo Bucharest is a season long loan wtf, I thought it was a free transfer?

He has a year left on his contract, so I imagine this was the easiest way to get rid and he'll sign permanently when his contract expires next year.

1 minute ago, ElDaftardo said:

I'm confused by this point, i'm just saying that Harry Kane struggled and with time given, he's settled into the club and become a great goal scorer. How do you know Sanogo wouldn't sign for Middlesbrough and score goals? unlikely of course but can only judge when he puts on the red and white shirt haha

he can judge by looking back on the last several seasons hes had settled at one club and been dogshit.

Just now, ElDaftardo said:

I know he won't score goals because his record says he won't.  He has never shown any aptitude for scoring goals on a consistent basis.  The idea that a striker can go ten years without scoring goals, then move to a club and become a consistent goalscorer is nonsense in my view.  Do you have any examples of players who have done that?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

I know he won't score goals because his record says he won't.  He has never shown any aptitude for scoring goals on a consistent basis.  The idea that a striker can go ten years without scoring goals, then move to a club and become a consistent goalscorer is nonsense in my view.  Do you have any examples of players who have done that?

I'm not going to be drawn into an opinion related argument on who's right or wrong but just for the sake of it.. Aritz Aduriz struggled for years and then became a goalscoring legend with Athletic Bilbao.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ElDaftardo said:

Surely then theres no need for scouts.

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He has a year left on his contract, so I imagine this was the easiest way to get rid and he'll sign permanently when his contract expires next year.

We may have an option on his contract remember. He may do well for Dinamo and therefore acquire a value in the meantime.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Woodrow would be a quality signing as well I think.

Sanogo was practically so out of shape that he couldn't last the full session. It would of took 3months to get him up to speed which wasn't any good since he was only signing a 1year deal with option of 2nd.

Why has all this information come out about his fitness now. Surely if he had been here a while those ITK would have said something before the deal broke down. Just wondering.

1 minute ago, Boroinredcar said:

Why has all this information come out about his fitness now. Surely if he had been here a while those ITK would have said something before the deal broke down. Just wondering.

Someone else lined up I reckon 

• Like 1

I met a scout last season.

On the train back from Birmingham away there was a fella opposite me and my mate sat with all sorts of notes, formations, charts etc. He started chatting to us and asking what we thought of the game (if anyone remembers, we were *** atrocious). Anyway, I naturally ask if he's a boro fan. He says no. I ask if he's a Birmingham fan. He says no. At this point I'm thinking he's some journo. He then starts asking what we think of some specific players. First it was Bamford, I said I loved him. Then he asked about Saville - now, I currently think he's decent but at the time I thought he was poor so slagged him off a fair bit. Eventually he mentioned that he left at 75 minutes, at which point it clicked that he must be a scout. Finally managed to pry it out of him that he was a Chelsea scout looking at Jude Bellingham. Said he'd scouted Bamford and Saville back in the day - I felt bad for slagging off Saville so much lol. Obviously he's on the more glamorous end of the scouting spectrum but from that experience it looked like a pretty sound job.

EDIT: He said he hated stats. That was why I started writing the post cause thought it was interesting to hear that from a scout. Somehow forgot to mention it...

Edited by RealSlimSladeyy
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Patrick Roberts would be my No.1 target now Sanogo's fallen through. He's not a striker but would provide us with a different option behind the strikers.

Aye, could play as a 10 in a front 2, but with a slightly deeper Free Role. Tav linking the midfield and attack would give Roberts the freedom to float into wider positions on occasion too. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)