oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Yes and no.

On the one hand, we do obviously need to strengthen. On the other, Boro aren't the most attractive club, we can't offer particularly good contracts and the market is probably pretty stagnant anyway, with a lot of clubs reluctant to spend or sell.

I'm not overly worried because I didn't expect us to do much business anyway.

6 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I'm still pleasantly surprised we managed to get Morsy... 

Considering it took missing out on Luke Amos, Korey Smith and Williams to get to Morsy I think we ended up with the best option of the lot to be honest. Whether the striker we end up with is better than Moore, Zohore and Sanogo who knows but for me we lucked out by ending up with Morsy as our holding midfielder.

• Like 5

Not really anything ground breaking but just been told we are still trying for Kenneth Zohore. We only want him on loan though and West Brom are keen to sell.

Warnock also wants Patrick Roberts back, but again we want a loan so will depend if he (or Man City) get a better offer before the end of the window.

Not a lot else happening, or at least that my mate would tell me anyway.

• Like 2

It really sounds like we have absolutely no money at all. Hall on a free, Bettinelli on loan and a cheap deal for Morsy yet we only want to do loan deals. Zohore I can understand, but unless City want top money for Roberts he is the kind of player you want on a permanent, as he could increase rapidly in value if he finds a bit of consistency.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

It really sounds like we have absolutely no money at all. Hall on a free, Bettinelli on loan and a cheap deal for Morsy yet we only want to do loan deals. Zohore I can understand, but unless City want top money for Roberts he is the kind of player you want on a permanent, as he could increase rapidly in value if he finds a bit of consistency.

It seems that way but weren't we gonna pay a couple million for moore and over a million for williams. If that was the case surely there is some money there. 

If we get zohore and roberts this window plus another defender i can really see us challenging this year for the playoffs 

6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We do have money mate, you can see that with the bids we've already put in for players.

13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We outbid Cardiff/Stoke/QPR on Moore's wages, matched Brentford's 1.5 million bid for Goode, I assume matched Bristol's 2 million pound deal for Williams and have loaned in a GK whose apparently on 35k a week!

Zohore is on north of 30k a week way beyond the 20k range we were offering Moore/Sanogo and the difference with Zohore to Bettinelli is West Brom have found club(s) willing to cover almost all of it and apparently convinced Monk to put an option to buy in as well. The only deals we've baulked at is Zohore and Phillips for valid reasons in both cases imo.

I don't think lack of money is our problem we have set wage limits that we're willing to pay but money for transfer fees for the right players seems like it's there, Warnock has around 4 million to spend from my guesstimation.

• Like 1

We 100% got money. 2m fee agreed for Moore. 1.8m for Williams and Warnock confirmed we had agreed a fee for Goode but he choose Brentford. That was also over a £1m.

So there is £5m we were willing to commit to.

I 100% do NOT want Zohore on a perm but as a loan he could be very shrewd business.

1 minute ago, scotty189 said:

Not transfer related but how do I stop getting emails every time someone posts, tried changing the notification settings out still getting them.  Dreading a new signing my inbox can't take it. 

Have an email Scotty! 

Have you accidentally followed the thread? As think that may override turning notifications off. 

• Haha 1

Sounds like we're still feeling out the multiple targets Warnock said he gave to Bausor on Friday, which is mildly depressing considering the games come quick and fast now.

It's alright saying Sanogo will take a month to get fit but I'm not so sure I'd trust Bausor to get you a target with a months notice with his track record.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)