oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Arsenal used to be my second team until I discovered Danish football and got entranced by the wonderful Randers FC.

They had Collin Todd as manager once 🤷‍♂️

51 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Arsenal were the complete team in the 90's and I loved their JVC home shirts. 

He played his youth football as Left midfielder and then progressed further up the pitch. Him and Alex Iwobi were very similar in their play throughout youth football.

Are you happy with the signing? 

I don't know mate.  I haven't seen him for that long that I would want to have a look at him in a Boro shirt first.  If he's got a bit of creativity or something different to him as you've said then that would definitely be handy right now.  Then we've got to actually use it when we play and not just bypass it.  Just on a first impression, based on what you and a few others have said, his age and things like that, I'd be more optimistic with this signing than Sanogo.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

We just don't play with enough intensity. All the passes are soft and barely get there, no one is running into space to receive a ball, as we just slowly pass it around to peoplea feet.

Over the last few games, the amount of times I've seen the opposition pass the ball around into what was an empty space with one touch- as they knew one of their team mates would make the run to link things together. 

So far, unless one of our players can read the numbers on your driving licence, you can forget about a pass

Fair points 👍

• Like 1

I watched Akbom about three or four years ago playing for Arsenal reserves against Villa and was really impressed. He is a big strong lad and had lightning pace running into channels but does not look like a natural born finisher, he will certainly offer us something different from what we have. The price looks about right and we certainly shouldn’t lose money on the deal, but, unless we can solve the perennial problem of width pace, creativity and crossing then he will struggle like all the rest 

52 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't know mate.  I haven't seen him for that long that I would want to have a look at him in a Boro shirt first.  If he's got a bit of creativity or something different to him as you've said then that would definitely be handy right now.  Then we've got to actually use it when we play and not just bypass it.  Just on a first impression, based on what you and a few others have said, his age and things like that, I'd be more optimistic with this signing than Sanogo.

Yeah definitely agree and even we could make Messi look like a Sunday league player by not playing to his strengths.

I don't understand the negativity to this signing compared to previous players we have been linked with and fans seem to be excited by. Ticks a lot of boxes for me, but like you say it's important we don't by pass him and play the ball to his feet.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah definitely agree and even we could make Messi look like a Sunday league player by not playing to his strengths.

I don't understand the negativity to this signing compared to previous players we have been linked with and fans seem to be excited by. Ticks a lot of boxes for me, but like you say it's important we don't by pass him and play the ball to his feet.

I dont think he wants us to kick and rush. i think its because we have utter cash players just hoofing it, ahem fry thats you. the midfield is a big issue. we dont have outball option from them. they are very quiet imo they dont demand the ball enough. there isnt enough composure on the pitch for us to play out from the back. when paddy came on it totally showed how *** a football fry is compared to him the difference was very obvious.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
16 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

I dont think he wants us to kick and rush. i think its because we have utter cash players just hoofing it, ahem fry thats you. the midfield is a big issue. we dont have outball option from them. they are very quiet imo they dont demand the ball enough. there isnt enough composure on the pitch for us to play out from the back. when paddy came on it totally showed how *** a football fry is compared to him the difference was very obvious.

I dont think wed be going long this consistently over 11 games if warnock didn't want them to do it. 

• Like 1

There is definitely a lack of intensity in our play, just no oomph. We have some quality but when watching us it is all a bit flat.

A player like Paddy McNair sums it up. He seems to have a lot of qualities but just seems to coast and get by. We need him and Howson and Saville to set the tone. Grab the game by the balls a bit.

• Like 3

We have relied on single players to stand out for too long, totally agree with that guy who said we play with no intensity.

Watching our rolled predictable passing while the other team just gets back into position is so dire. We then inevitably run out of ideas and smash a diagonal. It Genuinely annoys me listening to the stadium applaud a cross field pass when we have just missed the chance to play in a runner or 2 through the middle.

We simply can’t play football anymore. All we needed to do when Karanka left was keep the basis of what he had and tweak it a bit to open up more but we go an tear it all up and start again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

I dont think he wants us to kick and rush. i think its because we have utter cash players just hoofing it, ahem fry thats you. the midfield is a big issue. we dont have outball option from them. 

We don't look for an outball to pass to.. Ever since NW took over we've knocked it into the channel to turn the defence. It works a charm away from home..

• Like 1

I remember watching Davis play for Villa at the back end of last season and wondering how on earth he was a professional footballer, looked absolutely atrocious.

No doubt being highly recommended by our scouts based off the same footage.