oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

15 hours ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

I thought Welsh rarebit was cheese on toast?

It was tongue in cheek, we all know that actual Rarebits died out in Wales from hungry miners hunting them to extinction in the early 18th Century in an effort to feed their families. 😉

However proper Welsh rarebit is a lot more than mere cheese on toast. The cheese being a sauce made with Beer or Stout along with Mustard, Worcestershire sauce and sometimes Eggs,Double Cream or Butter along with a few other ingredients. Even Laverbread is rumoured to be used in and around the Swansea area.

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It was tongue in cheek, we all know that actual Rarebits died out in Wales from hungry miners hunting them to extinction in the early 18th Century in an effort to feed their families. 😉

However proper Welsh rarebit is a lot more than mere cheese on toast. The cheese being a sauce made with Beer or Stout along with Mustard, Worcestershire sauce and sometimes Eggs,Double Cream or Butter along with a few other ingredients. Even Laverbread is rumoured to be used in and around the Swansea area.

confused elmer fudd GIF by Looney Tunes

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Luke Amos has been ruled out for the rest of the season after tearing his ACL for the second time. We have probably dodged a bullet with him choosing QPR over us last summer:

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/latest-news/football-league-championship/11382/qpr-midfielder-struck-by-second-serious-knee-injury/

Poor lad. 

Joe Williams also injured for tonight.

2 players who could have been unavailable for us if they had chosen us. 

yes, but he already has three yellows and Paddy and Sav have two each, so unless they tone it down a bit, it will not be long before they start taking holidays, though Paddy does like Christmas off, so he will probably wait till mid December for his 5th 

26 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

On a similar note, I notice Kevin Stewart is still a free agent. 

Morsy is looking better and better.

Warnock was heaping praise on Morsy this week for his influence on and off the pitch. Sounds like he's been a really useful guy to have around the team.

33 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

yes, but he already has three yellows and Paddy and Sav have two each, so unless they tone it down a bit, it will not be long before they start taking holidays, though Paddy does like Christmas off, so he will probably wait till mid December for his 5th 

Morsy 100% will probably have to serve every single one of the bans, I wouldn't be surprised if he hits 15 this year, very much follows Adam Clayton in that regard.

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Morsy 100% will probably have to serve every single one of the bans, I wouldn't be surprised if he hits 15 this year, very much follows Adam Clayton in that regard.

Exactly what we was missing that steel in howson, saville , wing and McNair we was very soft last season

Seems to average about a dozen a season, think we can safely say he will definitely lead our yellow card stats, surprised that he was outdone by Colback, but I do agree that we have missed that sort of player, hopefully he can make the all-time Boro Nasty XI, along with Glover, Kennedy, Hammy and Pog.

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

If you look at Morsys Wigan career i think every season he been there he has got 10+ yellow cards a season so will be similar here no doubt.

16 hours ago, TLF10 said:

If you look at Morsys Wigan career i think every season he been there he has got 10+ yellow cards a season so will be similar here no doubt.

Good, sick of seeing the George Savilles of this world fannying out of tackles. Morsy is an absolute breath of fresh air and exactly what we needed.

• Like 2