oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

That would be fair enough if we hadn't lost 3 CB's in the last 2 months

Read the second sentence in my post that you’ve quoted...

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Read the second sentence in my post that you’ve quoted...

But it invalidates your whole point, we had a semi decent defensive record with Ayala, Shotton and Moukoudi. Our goal difference was minus 3 post lockdown and we conceded 3 goals on 3 occasions.

In reality we now have 1 established CB. At LB, we have one aging LB who can no longer player there so does a job at CB, a young LB who Warnock is unsure can play LB so doesn't play and a left midfielder who's been playing LB but is out of contract. At RB we have one fairly inexperienced player who has been injured most of the season and a 19 year old who isn't the greatest defensively.

Defence is definitely our priority and rightly so, you need to be hard to beat before you can beat anyone. 

• Like 2

Boro are in the hunt for Wigan forward Josh Windass, but face competition from Rangers and Sheffield Wednesday, according to

@footyinsider247

I know competition for spaces and all that but is keeper really a position we need to strengthen? Unless we want to loan Pears out to get him more experience. Pompey have a breakthrough keeper, big whoop, so do we, we'd do better to invest in a better goalkeeping coach for him and Sol Brynn who's just signed a new deal.

That, or it's agent talk so Pompey offer him a new deal.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Boro are in the hunt for Wigan forward Josh Windass, but face competition from Rangers and Sheffield Wednesday, according to

@footyinsider247

Hope not

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I know competition for spaces and all that but is keeper really a position we need to strengthen? Unless we want to loan Pears out to get him more experience. Pompey have a breakthrough keeper, big whoop, so do we, we'd do better to invest in a better goalkeeping coach for him and Sol Brynn who's just signed a new deal.

That, or it's agent talk so Pompey offer him a new deal.

I think we definatly need a new keeper. Don't rate really rate pears and stojanovic has a mistake in him 

13 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

But it invalidates your whole point, we had a semi decent defensive record with Ayala, Shotton and Moukoudi. Our goal difference was minus 3 post lockdown and we conceded 3 goals on 3 occasions.

In reality we now have 1 established CB. At LB, we have one aging LB who can no longer player there so does a job at CB, a young LB who Warnock is unsure can play LB so doesn't play and a left midfielder who's been playing LB but is out of contract. At RB we have one fairly inexperienced player who has been injured most of the season and a 19 year old who isn't the greatest defensively.

Defence is definitely our priority and rightly so, you need to be hard to beat before you can beat anyone. 

And if you read my next post, you’ll clearly see that I have stated that centre back is our main priority!

But in my opinion, wingers are the second priority after centre back. We have two right backs and two left backs in the squad. We have, at a push, 1 winger. 

Just out of interest, are you happy with our attacking options?

Just now, Mfcdanny said:

I think we definatly need a new keeper. Don't rate really rate pears and stojanovic has a mistake in him 

How many keepers do you know that don't have a mistake in them?  

• Like 1

I really do hope that we're being really good at hiding our true targets because that's another underwhelming one! *disclaimer not writing him off, just stating facts* windass has failed to establish himself in two lower mid table championship sides this season and has a poor goal contribution record in this division. He's 26 too so should be at his peak.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

And if you read my next post, you’ll clearly see that I have stated that centre back is our main priority!

But in my opinion, wingers are the second priority after centre back. We have two right backs and two left backs in the squad. We have, at a push, 1 winger. 

Just out of interest, are you happy with our attacking options?

I'd say after CB and LB it is the priority because we are desperately short there, attacking wise we need pace and width, a strong forward a bit of guile desperately. I don't disagree on that but unfortunately they'll be the hardest to get, so likely later in the window.

I am not happy but we do have some good players there, we just lack balance and as you say we have no wingers. I think Britt, Fletcher and Tav could be decent given they were aided by 2 more wide players and a more central attacker too

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I don't really know why people don't rate Pears, especially if it comes to keeping him or signing a League One keeper of a similar calibre. If we can get Pears to sign a new contract, I'd absolutely keep him on board.

It would be entirely typical of us to give up on a signing we've made after 6 months though. £1m down the drain if Stoj has already found himself unable to make the grade.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't really know why people don't rate Pears, especially if it comes to keeping him or signing a League One keeper of a similar calibre. If we can get Pears to sign a new contract, I'd absolutely keep him on board.

It would be entirely typical of us to give up on a signing we've made after 6 months though. £1m down the drain if Stoj has already found himself unable to make the grade.

I'm not the biggest fan of Pears personally; although I do agree that signing a League 1 breakthrough keeper just seems to be a lateral swap at absolute best. Should just keep the money and keep developing Pears.

I hope Stoj stays and takes the number 1 jersey personally, I don't know why but I've grown fond of him. Although I do have a general fondness for players with fancy names.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)