oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Well we still need a third striker as we cant go the full season with only two. Last season we had four even if the other two were Nmecha and Gestede.

We do need another one for sure but when we literally have positions on the pitch where right now we can't pick a full 11 for, I wouldn't be wasting money in positions we have filled. We have 2 strikers, so if we're playing 1 with wingers or a front 2, we're sound. We shouldn't be blowing the bank on a third striker when we have positions on the pitch we actually need to fill. We need a team before we need a squad.

• Like 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Saville isn't too surprising though how we've managed to offer McNair 20k a week if that's true... similarly, that would be there or thereabouts where I'd expect Britt's wages to be.

18 hours ago, scotty189 said:

Not the biggest fan of buying players from relegated teams unless they are absolute stand out, teams are down there for a reason. Same as we will probably find it hard to shift some of our dead wood. 

Liverpool have signed a player from a relegated club for each of the past 5 seasons. Granted, they're not all Andy Robertsons, but even the Danny Ings/Shaqiri types of player are more than useful in that division. No reason why we can't get the best out of a player here.

4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

No wonder Howson used his 1 year extension..

Yeah, I thought that was pretty clear TBH, I didn't think it was out of any overwhelming desire to stay with this club, it was his option and he used it to make sure he still gets paid his good wages for another year, nobody else will offer him that right now. Probably not even close. He joined as one of the first during Monk's reign when we were offering big salaries to pretty much anyone.

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

https://footballleaguefc.com/middlesbrough-2019-20-player-wages/

If this is correct, we've cleared at least 110k a week in wages with our expired contracts. 

McNair, Saville & Britt wages all surprise me though!

Just noticed Wing's wage too, surely not correct. Bola, Browne, Dijksteel, Spence and Coulson all on a bigger wage than him? Seems like that one is from a previous contract if anything. Walker is probs on more than that now too, given he signed a new deal.

Does make me think though, we ought to get a move on tying Fletch down. Less fussed about Britt as it would mean paying him as much or more but I think Fletch has probs earned a new deal.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Just noticed Wing's wage too, surely not correct. Bola, Browne, Dijksteel, Spence and Coulson all on a bigger wage than him? Seems like that one is from a previous contract if anything. Walker is probs on more than that now too, given he signed a new deal.

Does make me think though, we ought to get a move on tying Fletch down. Less fussed about Britt as it would mean paying him as much or more but I think Fletch has probs earned a new deal.

Yeah, I don't think they're all correct, I imagine Wings is before his last contract.

23 minutes ago, Brunners said:

https://footballleaguefc.com/middlesbrough-2019-20-player-wages/

If this is correct, we've cleared at least 110k a week in wages with our expired contracts. 

McNair, Saville & Britt wages all surprise me though!

Wouldn't imagine any of these are correct at all. When an article starts with something along the lines of "we tried our best to find reliable sources" and then no mention of what these sources are, you can pretty much guarantee the whole thing is guess work. Just hope people don't start using these figures as a stick to beat our players with now!

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Wouldn't imagine any of these are correct at all. When an article starts with something along the lines of "we tried our best to find reliable sources" and then no mention of what these sources are, you can pretty much guarantee the whole thing is guess work. Just hope people don't start using these figures as a stick to beat our players with now!

I know that not all are correct; but a number are.

I just think it's an interesting potential peek behind the curtain.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Chris Martin is now a free agent. I'd be kicking the tires on him for sure.

Was about to post this - he's 31 but probably has another 2 seasons at this level left in him, coming off a good season too - 9 goals in 25 starts is pretty good and definitely a different kind of striker to britt and fletch.

Worried a little that it seems he turned down a contract from Derby who would probably be offering him more than we can afford. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)