oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Chris Martin is now a free agent. I'd be kicking the tires on him for sure.

Always seems to ready to point fingers and blame people round him for my liking 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I mentioned Martin a week or so back.

Can play as a central striker, or as a 10 just behind the main man up top. Would love to bring him in personally. Knows the league, suits a Warnock team, free agent. No brainer for me. 

2 hours ago, Duckand said:

Personally, I would spend my money elsewhere, as Norwegians seems to struggle with the english style. We tend to move to belgium, netherlands, italy or germany. I would think he would flop in a warnock side, but rip it up for Ajax or PSV. From abroad, english football has a lot of talent, but lacking in so much elsewhere.

I have noticed over the years you tend to see a lot of Norwegians (or players from Norwegian teams) move to Dutch clubs. Notable examples I can think of off the top of my head are Svensson and Midtsjø at AZ, Thorsby at Heerenveen and Zekhnini at Twente. Wonder if potentially Norway, Denmark and Sweden there is an emphasis on the technical side of the game rather than physical which is potentially why a lot of those players end up in the Eredivisie.

I also remember Søderlund and Selnaes moving to St.Etienne (I think) from Rosenborg  in the same summer and wanting them to do well, but I think Søderlund flopped and ended up back at Rosenborg if I recall correctly. Think Selnaes ended up staying for a little while longer and started to hold his own a bit more.

I would be all over Chris Martin as a free agent as that 3rd striker.

He will score you more goals than Kieffer Moore over the course of a season and wont cost you £2m like Moore does.

Give him a 2year deal. 

Him Britt and Fletch would be a good set of strikers to pick from and play with each other.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Worried a little that it seems he turned down a contract from Derby who would probably be offering him more than we can afford. 

Derby have a fairly large wage bill, and they invested heavily past couple of windows (didn't they sign Beliek for like £8 Million or something last summer?).

Plus they have the whole stadium sale fiasco hanging over their heads, so I think they'll be looking at trimming their squad/wage bill down.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Liverpool have signed a player from a relegated club for each of the past 5 seasons. Granted, they're not all Andy Robertsons, but even the Danny Ings/Shaqiri types of player are more than useful in that division. No reason why we can't get the best out of a player here.

And West Brom picked up Ajayi from Rotherham last summer. Started 42 of their games in a promotion winning team so there is talent available. 

I really, really dislike Chris Martin. I also really disliked Neil Warnock until he came here so sign him up! 

• Haha 1

Chris Martin could possibly be a similar sort of signing to how Sheffield United signed David McGoldrick on a free transfer two seasons ago - not flash but effective in the box. If Warnock prefers signing him over Kieffer Moore who will cost a few million for a transfer fee and far larger wages then I could see some logic in it.

Here’s a few wingers that, if we are insisting on buying domestically, I’d like to see us look at and who should be within our transfer budget:

Jacob Brown (Barnsley)

Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth)

Marcus Maddison (Free)

Any other suggestions?

Edited by J.T.
9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Here’s a few wingers that, if we are insisting on buying domestically, I’d like to see us look at and who should be within our transfer budget:

Jacob Brown (Barnsley)

Curtin Ronan (Portsmouth)

Marcus Maddison (Free)

Any other suggestions?

Murphy (one at Newcastle). I forget which one is Josh and which one is Joseph.

Ibe (might as well seeing as we been linked forever)

Grosicki (dont think WBA usee him much since Jan and chances could be more limited in PL

Phillips at WBA. Might be a bit ambitious but dont thunk he was a regular either

Callum Robinson (Sheff Utd)

Jota at Aston Villa

• Like 1

Very happy with Grant Hall if it comes off.

Putting together a squad, I reckon we need:

2 x CB - Hall ✔️, Goode? Kipre? Dunkley?

1 x LB - Defensive minded. Fox (Free Agent)

1 x RW - Ideally Roberts back on loan

1 x LW - Murphy (Loan)? Mak (Free Agent)?

1 x ST/AM - Martin (Free Agent), or Madison (Free Agent).

From that list, we could actually strengthen our weakest areas even without paying a single transfer fee. Hall, Dunkley, Fox, Martin, plus Roberts and Murphy on loan. Stronger core, more depth. Maybe even a bit of wiggle room for an extra signing. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Murphy (one at Newcastle). I forget which one is Josh and which one is Joseph.

Ibe (might as well seeing as we been linked forever)

Grosicki (dont think WBA usee him much since Jan and chances could be more limited in PL

Phillips at WBA. Might be a bit ambitious but dont thunk he was a regular either

Callum Robinson (Sheff Utd)

Jota at Aston Villa

Some great suggestions in there. However I’d guess we would be in competition with most of the Championship for a lot of those and I’m not convinced we still have the same pull we did 3 years ago. Would be delighted with any of those if they were possible though. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)