oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 hours ago, scottpilgrim said:

Fletcher proved himself? 

He has barely improved. His tally this year is just under a goal every 4 games, last season it was a the same but he played less. Even in league one it was around that.

He still looks like bambi on ice, is weak as ***, not particuarly fast and is a poor finisher. How many sitters did he miss this season?

11 goals is pathetic esp considering he is the 2nd highest paid at the club now and cost 7 MILLION. We need him gone asap

We could get some from the SPL, Lg1 or a teenager from the prem who cpuld match his stats for less.

Don't feed the Troll......

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Weird one is fletcher, he has definately improved in the last year. However he never ever seems to be in control of the ball when he has it, or looks like he knows what to do with it. Just looks like a rabbit in the headlights. 
He does do some good stuff quite regularly but when he does it almost looks accidental.

• Like 1

SIGNED:
Grant Hall (Free Agent)

LINKED (ITK):
Jack Clarke (Spurs)
Ben Gibson (Burnley)
--
Dael Fry (Burnley, Wolves)

LINKED (MEDIA):
Abdoulaye Sissoko (Zulte Waregem)
Wesley Said (Toulouse)
Jordan Jones (Rangers)

Any others to add? Have we heard anything about the likes of Dykes and Shankland from any quarters in this window?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, tmcc said:

wouldnt be a bad signing, but i wonder if he would come here, in that i fear some players and clubs much like during the Pulis era will not want to send players here due to the perceived style of football we may play. 
I hope im wrong on that but its always a worry when you have an old school manager in charge 

Where is the narrative about Warnock playing negative football is coming from? His goals scored column is pretty reasonable in the championship - it’s awful in the premiership, but he had some crap teams to work with. I actually think that a lot of players would want to play for him - he’s got a reasonable reputation for building hard working teams with good attitudes - and getting promotion. I’d put him in a different league to Pulis and Bruce

• Like 7

Interesting paragraph from the Gazette on Grant Hall which is probably of more specific relevance to us as to why Warnock rates him.

"Hall also has prior experience playing under Warnock, who returned to QPR for a short one-month stint as caretaker manager in November 2015.

The defender featured in defence for all four of Warnock’s matches in charge, in which they took seven points from 12 available and conceded just one goal – a 93rd-minute match-winning penalty from Boro’s Grant Leadbitter".

Clearly under Warnock he done what was requested of him and but for that 93rd minute Leadbitter penalty it would have been 8 points from twelve with none conceded. 

• Like 2

Ben Gibson signed for Burnley as their record transfer. Waited for his debut then had a howler in europe if I remember correctly. Subsequently frozen out, fell out with Dyche and has been with us training ever since. Looking ever likely to be moved on.

Is he a good player? Yes.

Was he a good signing for Burnley? No.

Therefore, good players arent always good signings. Accepting that could have saved us absolute pages.

• Like 6

Interesting piece about Reading today. Discussing FFP and implications of Covid this summer. Stating they need to sell players. They think transfer fees will deflate by 50% and wages coming down throughout EFL. Anyone there that might improve us?

21 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Interesting piece about Reading today. Discussing FFP and implications of Covid this summer. Stating they need to sell players. They think transfer fees will deflate by 50% and wages coming down throughout EFL. Anyone there that might improve us?

John Swift got 6 goals and 10 assists from central midfield for them, but I'd imagine there'd be a lot of clubs after him especially at a reduced fee. Think he's even getting PL interest. 

And sure NW was interested in Puscas when he was Cardiff manager.

Edited by ErimusFootball

Alex Bywater @_AlexBywater
Exclusive: #Swans want free agent Daniel Ayala to add to their defensive ranks but face competition from other clubs. Steve Cooper keen to sign an experienced centre-half. Story in today’s @TheSunFootball

That is pretty widely sourced by the Echo even down to club sources giving them the likely fee of 500k. Sounds like this is definitely more than Scottish paper talk now he reads as a main target specifically replacing Roberts. Going to be an interesting one I think he has the ability to make it but back in a home environment  I'd worry about his focus.

1 hour ago, TAPOUT said:

Puscus

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)