oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I know the type of player that I want in areas that I want.

Strikers are going to be difficult. You need to get better than what you have and looking at players available for the money we’ve got, there aren’t many better than what we’ve got.

If I can get another signing over the line this week i’ll be pleased.

11 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Howson seems like a good pro and someone who is good around the dressing room and I thought he did a decent job at centre back when we needed him to fill in. 

Saying that I think he's massively overrated on this board as a midfielder. 

In fairness I think that applies to a lot of our Players since Karanka left. The constant changing of formations and tactics (let alone Managers) has hardly been conducive for any of them to settle, claim a spot and show what they can do.

Our tactics and formations at times have resembled crisis management rather than professional coaching. Even under Pulis it never felt comfortable or convincing with odd, even eccentric selections (like Gestede over Bamford). In Howson's case he was Monk's first signing and look whats happened since then let alone playing Midfield, Right Back and probably as the shortest Centre Back in the Championship. To his credit he has always got his head down and got on with whatever was asked of him without throwing a strop or a sulk. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I know the type of player that I want in areas that I want.

Strikers are going to be difficult. You need to get better than what you have and looking at players available for the money we’ve got, there aren’t many better than what we’ve got.

If I can get another signing over the line this week i’ll be pleased.

Guesses on the signing...... 

9 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Baffling! Friend is past it and Johnson is a League 1 player (at best). I really worry if either of them are to be any more than bit part players next season!

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Baffling! Friend is past it and Johnson is a League 1 player (at best). I really worry if either of them are to be any more than bit part players next season!

Friend is a fantastic professional and is the type of senior player we should be wanting to keep around. As long as the wage is sensible I can't see how anyone would begrudge giving George another contract. 

Johnson on the other hand 🤮

Think people are reading far too much into this deadline by Monday business. In the current market don’t think it’s a bad idea to give them both new deals. Good squad players. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

We need numbers in the squad and to do it with little money. It isn’t exciting but I like Georges professionalism and he was decent as CB when we needed him. Johnson is a little more confusing for me as in a way he covers part of the pitch that Coulson does, but again we need more than a first eleven.

Some highlights I picked up on:

Warnock would like another signing by the end of this week.

He's talking up signing players for the spine right now which I assume means wingers are not viewed as a priority?

Specifically mentioned wanting a striker but wants one better than what we have and on the budget we have for a striker (2 million going off the Moore bid) it's hard but he'll keep looking.

Three or four by the end of this month, end of the window will be moving on fringe players and signing players in areas that have underwhelmed in preseason

Mentioned the market being full of clubs wanting rid of players so he expects more exchanges/free transfers to happen.

Said Grant Hall could be made captain depending what other players he signs.

Edited by Jamie-H

Johnson 🤮 

Not against friend getting a new contract as a 4th choice cb and 2nd choice left back. For all the criticism, and deservedly so, hes still got a lot of positive attributes that we probably couldn't replace as cheaply as we can get from him. 

7 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

Think people are reading far too much into this deadline by Monday business. 

By deadline he never meant that he was going to just block all of their numbers as soon as it turned midnight on Sunday. It just meant that he was giving them until Monday to think about the move before he starts pushing them

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)