oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Not sure mate, I think they are still in Europe though so I wouldn't expect to hear anything yet anyway. 

Or, you know, players from reputable leagues at least. 😉

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, tmcc said:

seems like an oddly specific target for it all to be just paper talk? 

That happens constantly though.

I suppose you could say that Braithwaite and Moukoudi shows we're looking over there though.

• Like 2

I once scored a 50 yard screamer in 5-a-side. Amazing what you can do with a video and some editing. There is a reason why i'm left back in the changing rooms vs Boro's LB. 

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:
3 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

“He said, ‘I’ve just come in, I can not push for you. You are the type of player I like, if you stay you will play, I want you to be my striker for the next few games so it’s up to you now’.

Really worried we're going to sink what little money we have in some donkey striker when we have 2 good ones already if Warnock's saying that to Gestede

I thought Warnock said that he told Gestede to bugger off basically?

Yes, and he got a lot of praise for it. I wonder if those people feel different now they know that he wanted Gestede as his main man?

Having said that, both things could be true, Warnock could have wanted Gestede to play, but when the player made his ridiculous demands, Warnock then told him to sling his hook.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yes, and he got a lot of praise for it. I wonder if those people feel different now they know that he wanted Gestede as his main man?

Having said that, both things could be true, Warnock could have wanted Gestede to play, but when the player made his ridiculous demands, Warnock then told him to sling his hook.

One mans word against another... based on the way he has conducted himself over the past 3 years I wouldn’t trust one of the party’s  to tell anything close to the truth ... 

58 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I suppose you could say that Braithwaite and Moukoudi shows we're looking over there though.

I hope we are scouting extensively in France, there's a lot of quality at reasonable prices in Ligue 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

We literally bought a goalkeeper from the continent in January.

4 hours ago, 2plus2 said:

Don't agree with what Gestede did / said. I half understand the logic of why he's asked for a 6 month extension should he get an injury - it's a protection policy. And I get why some of the other players elsewhere have refused to extend contracts, especially those who have their careers ahead of them and haven't had a stellar deal to date - a footballers career is short. But, end of the day, how much had the club already ploughed into Gestede's pocket - when he's either been unavailable or sh*te prior. He should have given something back to the club that has given him so much, even if that involved a 'risk'. I'd have more sympathy for his demands if he'd contributed ANYTHING previous.

Seriously, what an absolute c*nt.

Absolute rubbish. Gestede was a crap player but he was not picking up a wage with zero work, there's a sodding difference. Us paying him too much money is absolutely sod all to do with what he gave us back in his lack of quality contribution, we gave the lad a stupid bumper contract because our recruitment practices were and still are a complete shambles.

Every single injury he's suffered at this club, he's worked to come back from and make himself available and tried to contribute something. And every manager has put him in the team at one time or another despite those issues. He's not sat on the sidelines picking up a paycheck for nowt as some would like to believe in order to keep up this stupid vendetta against him.

The problem with his lack of ability is an US problem, it's that our scouts didn't give a toss that he was crap before we signed him, it's that our recruitment team thought he was worth the money we pumped into him for 3.5 years, it's that we never thought for one second that we'd have to deal with having to sell him before offering him a contract for far too long. He didn't improve our first team or our squad and we gave him a contract that was completely unbefitting of what he was capable of. That is on US.

Everything he's said regarding the short term renewal is absolutely reasonable in terms of protecting his career from this point forward. A player shouldn't be asked to potentially give up the entirety of their next contract for a significant amount of time 'just because'. In that situation, he asked for some protection. We quite rightly said no to that and thus so did he. There's absolutely nothing unreasonable about that result from either side.

And just to add... he holds absolutely no connection to us and he's had nothing but abuse for his limited qualities the entirety of the time he's been here. 99% of Boro fans have been gasping for him to be sold for most of his time here and given him *** for not moving on for being too greedy or whatever. The lad made the decision not to renew for another few weeks and he gets pelters for that too. Utterly incredible stuff.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

Imo The problem Coulson has is that he is poor defensively and always seems to get caught out..  And I don't think he is good enough attacking to be am out an out winger. He looks great going forward from deep. I reckon his best position would be LWB but that's only if we play with 5 at the back which I can't see us doing on a regular basis. Hopefully he is working on his defending because if he sorts that out he could be a top player. But if he sees himself as a winger I can't see him lasting very long at this level 

Unfortunately he wasn’t picked by Warnock while we played that system so I don’t have a lot of hope. He’s young and for me long term I see him being a much better left back than winger so why not give him a season to develop rather than playing all these other bad options. 

could we be interested in any of the Fulham players deemed not good enough for the prem ? Hector stood out for me last night, also liked that Onomah.

Reed was quality aswell but imagine he'll be in the Southampton midfield next season.

10 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

could we be interested in any of the Fulham players deemed not good enough for the prem ? Hector stood out for me last night, also liked that Onomah.

Reed was quality aswell but imagine he'll be in the Southampton midfield next season.

I doubt we can afford them. Fulham aren't going to give them away. Kebanos contract is up though, but I imagine he'll either get a new offer from Fulham or have much better options.

Kebano had been mediocre at best until the season restarted, but he's been on fire at the right time to nab himself a good deal at a promotion chasing Championship club.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Brentford to replace Benrahma. Or Norwich for Bunedía.

3 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Kebano had been mediocre at best until the season restarted, but he's been on fire at the right time to nab himself a good deal at a promotion chasing Championship club.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Brentford to replace Benrahma. Or Norwich for Bunedía.

Yeah he's not a player that I've been noticing before. Weren't we linked with him last year or in january? Hasn't done that much but as you say finished the season strong enough to be wanted by decent clubs.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)