oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

7 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Unfortunately he wasn’t picked by Warnock while we played that system so I don’t have a lot of hope. He’s young and for me long term I see him being a much better left back than winger so why not give him a season to develop rather than playing all these other bad options. 

I don’t think Warnock has written him off. He implied that he was a bit too naive to be playing in the crucial relegation games and he didn’t want to put him under that pressure. With a pre season and time for coaching, I think he will get more of a chance in the next season. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-transfer-targets-neil-warnock-18714227

Gazette say Warnock is looking for a new GK which means 1 of the 3 on the books will be let go although realistically I'd think it means Mejias and one of Pears/Stoj leaving.

Interestingly they chose to include Gunter ahead of more recently linked players suggests maybe there's still an interest in him, I'm hoping them throwing Peltier's name in the article means absolutely nothing.

Also they do not rubbish the Jones link like they did last summer our interest might be more concrete this time.

21 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I don’t think Warnock has written him off. He implied that he was a bit too naive to be playing in the crucial relegation games and he didn’t want to put him under that pressure. With a pre season and time for coaching, I think he will get more of a chance in the next season. 

Whilst versatility can be important to some coaches, at 22, Coulson really needs to decide what he is and learn a craft. Be it LB or LWB or LW. If not, there is a strong possibility he will end up as something or nothing, a squad filler and he should believe more in himself if he wishes to succeed. A player in a similar position at a different club is Ryan Sessegnon. When he gets a game its anywhere down the left for Spurs. Ok he will be a millionaire but he is never going to fulfill his potential.

40 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-transfer-targets-neil-warnock-18714227

Gazette say Warnock is looking for a new GK which means 1 of the 3 on the books will be let go although realistically I'd think it means Mejias and one of Pears/Stoj leaving.

Interestingly they chose to include Gunter ahead of more recently linked players suggests maybe there's still an interest in him, I'm hoping them throwing Peltier's name in the article means absolutely nothing.

Also they do not rubbish the Jones link like they did last summer our interest might be more concrete this time.

The vast majority of that article is just the Gazette copy and pasting quotes from articles they've found in other papers, the final two are just players who've played under Warnock before, I don't think they know anything.

Mejias will probably stay around I reckon. Seems to be content as 3rd choice without rocking the boat too much, and is maybe doing coaching badges or something while he's here. I would guess he's probably among the lowest earners too. 

Stojanovic will be moved on if anyone is.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Mejias will probably stay around I reckon. Seems to be content as 3rd choice without rocking the boat too much, and is maybe doing coaching badges or something while he's here. I would guess he's probably among the lowest earners too. 

Stojanovic will be moved on if anyone is.

If Stoj is moved on what a colossal waste of money that would have turned out to be. Plus; I think he's the better keeper between him and Pears so I hope he stays.

Of course, all depends on what goalkeeper we bring in too!

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The vast majority of that article is just the Gazette copy and pasting quotes from articles they've found in other papers, the final two are just players who've played under Warnock before, I don't think they know anything.

It's the way they work on transfers unfortunately it's always bits and pieces never laying out what exactly they know but sprinkling it into pieces like this, if you read between the copy and pastes they do say basically 'its understood alongside a centre half and striker for the spine Warnock also wants a new GK' and given the mention of Gunter whose name has not been linked in months ahead of the likes of Morgan Fox or Windass linked more recently definitely has me thinking we are targeting Gunter who does actually fit the bill Warnock set out of signing a player or two who have 'done it all'.

Last year in these kind of pieces they were very firm and adamant that Jordan Jones was not being targeted by us something seems to have changed in what they're hearing there that's probably the most notable thing alongside the GK targeting tidbit.

On Jordan Jones if he is high on Warnock's list that's probably because of his pricetag of 500k, you'd be hard pressed getting better than Jones for 500k in a wing position to be honest you could get League 2 wingers for 500k like Bez Lubala but they are remarkably unimpressive even in highlight videos. Also an actual local lad, no offence to Coulson or Tav, who absolutely would probably be over the moon getting to be a main player for the team he's supported in Boro, I can see the boxes Jones ticks for us given our financial situation and the market where top end League 1 wingers will cost us 4 times what Jones would.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)