oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

35 minutes ago, BoroLad2020 said:

Right it’s about time I came back Let’s sort this boring conversation out  😅

GK - Brad Young - Prem sides interested including Chelsea

GK - Dillon Phillips - Cardiff, Derby and Huddersfield interested

GK -  Neil Etheridge - Blackburn interested

GK - Alex Bass - Palace also interested

RB - Lee Peltier

LB - Tyler Blackett

CAM - Luke Freeman (loan) -  Forrest also interested

LM - Jacques Maghoma - Blackburn interested

ST - Josh Windass - Sheffield Wednesday Interested

Other News :

Marvin Johnson 2 Year extension 

George Friend 1 Year extension

Outgoings :

Paddy McNair - Stoke and Celtic

George Saville - Stoke

Britt Assombalonga 

Lewis Wing

and I’ll just leave some names here :

Jordan Jones available for under 1M

Richie Smallwood

Jordan Obita 

And the player I really want us to sign Joe Williams! 

Set up a 433 next season

New Keeper

Spence

Hill

Fry or Gibson depends if fry leaves

New LB

Williams 

Freeman 

Howson 

Tav

fletcher or windass

New LW

.. maybe get a right back play spence forward also have Coulson Johnson and Browne for the LW spot 

Dijksteel will get games for warnock 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Love hearing Warnock talking about transfers, someone who knows what he’s doing and has the confidence and experience to say what he wants! The bit above about the scouts showing him two CBs with the best stats and him saying no when he looked at them play - can’t imagine Woodgate or others daring to do that! 

• Like 2

Also been nice to see some honesty, do get the feeling that Warnock is about to see our fantastic recruitment team in all of its "glory". Encouraging to see he's been putting the pressure on Gibbo and Bausor to get deals over the line 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Is EFL Hub reliable for transfer news?

"EFL HUB

@efl_hub  Middlesbrough are closing in on the signing of Burnley defender Ben Gibson."

is that on twitter or something?

7 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Is EFL Hub reliable for transfer news?

"EFL HUB

@efl_hub  Middlesbrough are closing in on the signing of Burnley defender Ben Gibson."

10k followers, one of them being Gary Neville so might have some knowledge to it.

Doesn't really say anything none of us couldn't guess though.

13 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Absolute rubbish. Gestede was a crap player but he was not picking up a wage with zero work, there's a sodding difference. Us paying him too much money is absolutely sod all to do with what he gave us back in his lack of quality contribution, we gave the lad a stupid bumper contract because our recruitment practices were and still are a complete shambles.

Every single injury he's suffered at this club, he's worked to come back from and make himself available and tried to contribute something. And every manager has put him in the team at one time or another despite those issues. He's not sat on the sidelines picking up a paycheck for nowt as some would like to believe in order to keep up this stupid vendetta against him.

The problem with his lack of ability is an US problem, it's that our scouts didn't give a toss that he was crap before we signed him, it's that our recruitment team thought he was worth the money we pumped into him for 3.5 years, it's that we never thought for one second that we'd have to deal with having to sell him before offering him a contract for far too long. He didn't improve our first team or our squad and we gave him a contract that was completely unbefitting of what he was capable of. That is on US.

Everything he's said regarding the short term renewal is absolutely reasonable in terms of protecting his career from this point forward. A player shouldn't be asked to potentially give up the entirety of their next contract for a significant amount of time 'just because'. In that situation, he asked for some protection. We quite rightly said no to that and thus so did he. There's absolutely nothing unreasonable about that result from either side.

And just to add... he holds absolutely no connection to us and he's had nothing but abuse for his limited qualities the entirety of the time he's been here. 99% of Boro fans have been gasping for him to be sold for most of his time here and given him *** for not moving on for being too greedy or whatever. The lad made the decision not to renew for another few weeks and he gets pelters for that too. Utterly incredible stuff.

HA. I literally never said he didn't work. Or that he didn't try to recover from injury. Or that he sat on the sidelines trying not to play. Or that he should extend his contract 'just because'.

And if you think he's had absolutely nothing but abuse from the club, then you're really not that clever. 💵💵💵

He doesn't owe us anything, contractually. But I do think that morally he did. But I guess morals mean v little in this day and age. In fact, I'm actually a bit worried that if I drive into work tomorrow I might get a puncture and it'll cost me a buck to get fixed. Think i'll give it a miss, the money the company has paid me historically is irrelevant.. not the best analagy in the world, but demonstrates my point (just about).

But we can agree he was crap. That his initial recruitment/contract was our fault. And it was in the best interest of all that thankfully he did reject our terms. But it did, however, have the potential to be the difference between relegation and survival - which is why I'll always think that he let the club down.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)